selling to vroom

robertsj22

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited sport soon i hope
does anyone here have real world experience selling there jeep to vroom. How did it work and how soon did you get paid.
Sponsored

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I sold my 2013 JKUR to Vroom. It was pretty painless.

After we agreed on the price, Vroom sent documents to fill out via FedEx overnight, which I sent back, along with the signed title.

The flatbed was supposedly scheduled, but I didn't receive any specific date until the flatbed driver texted me the day of pick-up. Fortunately I was free that day.

I had a check for the agreed amount FedEx'd to me 24 hours after Vroom received my JK.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Have sold to vroom multiple times. With all the used car sales going on right now, they are busier and you will need to stay on top of them but overall very simple process.

Sponsored

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
I’ve sold 3 cars to Vroom in the last 12 months.

I’ll be honest, they’re pretty incompetent. But the price they gave me for all 3 was better than I could find elsewhere.

If you have the title, the process is reasonably straightforward. If they have to pay it off, it becomes more complicated as now you’re fighting the clock for the payoff window to be valid vs vroom having their act together.

On a leased honda I had, it was almost 5 weeks total dealing with vroom, as every time they were ready, the payoff was a few days from expiring, but finally got it done.

On the vehicles where I held title, the process was smoother and probably wrapped up in 2.5 weeks total although they still manage to go silent for 3-4 days in between steps, at which point you can call them and it’s about 1 in 6 phone reps who is helpful. They don’t have much more visibility into the process than you do. So definitely be patient and work through It step by step.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
If you have the title, the process is reasonably straightforward.

If they have to pay it off, it becomes more complicated as now you’re fighting the clock for the payoff window to be valid vs vroom having their act together.
Yes. A family friend had to contend with the payoff issue.

He was careful to obtain a daily interest rate figure. For the purposes of this post, we'll call it $5.72.

A vehicle loan payoff quote was provided that was valid through, say, Tuesday. If the paperwork (meaning, the payment) was only to be completed on Friday, he knew to add $5.72 x 3 to the payoff figure, so as to ensure that the lienholder could close their own books on the matter.

The foregoing made his process reasonably straightforward.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
I’ve sold 3 cars to Vroom in the last 12 months.

I’ll be honest, they’re pretty incompetent. But the price they gave me for all 3 was better than I could find elsewhere.

If you have the title, the process is reasonably straightforward. If they have to pay it off, it becomes more complicated as now you’re fighting the clock for the payoff window to be valid vs vroom having their act together.

On a leased honda I had, it was almost 5 weeks total dealing with vroom, as every time they were ready, the payoff was a few days from expiring, but finally got it done.

On the vehicles where I held title, the process was smoother and probably wrapped up in 2.5 weeks total although they still manage to go silent for 3-4 days in between steps, at which point you can call them and it’s about 1 in 6 phone reps who is helpful. They don’t have much more visibility into the process than you do. So definitely be patient and work through It step by step.
^^ this.

I had to hold their hand through the entire process. If you have patience and don't mind being the middle man between them and the bank, they will get you the money. I sold one for way over what anyone else was offering so I didnt mind a few hiccups. The back in forth with Fed Ex and waiting for different departments to update is a bit cumbersome but looking back on the process, it really isnt that bad.

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
This was my experience selling my gladiator. I had posted this on the Gladiator forums. I'll repost here.

Long story short. Vroom does not use their own vehicles to pick up cars. They subcontract to local companies. That local company is responsible for picking up your vehicle and they have up to 10 days to do so, even though you’ve already signed the car away at this point basically. They are supposed to call you to keep you up to date or notify you of pickup. Of course they never did. When they pick up they are supposed to provide you with a “bill of lading,” which just my luck the gentleman who picked mine up couldn’t give me due to phone issues. When a bill of Lading isn’t provided it delays the process even further. I called them daily for a week for updates and every single time I called I was given a different story and different timelines etc.
When I tried to escalate my case further and was put on hold for a supervisor of customer relations I sat on hold so long it eventually just hung up on me.
I repeatedly mentioned to them over the phone how their FAQ timelines are way off, but was always given a different excuse.
Anyways I’ll quit ranting, that is the short of it, I have sold to Carvana in the past and it was seamless. For a few hundred difference go with another carrier. Unfortunately in my case Vroom was thousands above the rest, for a substantial amount it may be worth it, but be prepared for an ordeal.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Mine went flawless. 2016 F150 FX4. Paid $34,500 three years ago, they offered $34,600. I jumped. I figured it wouldn't work like they advertised but they picked it up Friday, I sent in the Bill of Lading from the driver as instructed to prove it had been picked up. Long 4th of July weekend, got a Fed Ex just now with my check in it. Two working days as advertised. They also Fed Ex my payoff to Bank of America as promised. Now if my order hadn't been cancelled after 9 weeks and 5 weeks in "Paint Stage" I'd be about ready to pick my new JL up. New VON and back of the line. Nobody knows why, dealers worthless. Done with that dealer. Shit show..... Waiting on Daniel @ Gupton to email me back to do an order with them. I'm walking until then :like:

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
does anyone here have real world experience selling there jeep to vroom. How did it work and how soon did you get paid.

AutoNation gave me a LOT more for my Jeep than Carvana or Vroom (like $1,500 more).

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

AutoNation gave me a LOT more for my Jeep than Carvana or Vroom (like $1,500 more).
I've gotten quotes from Carvana/Vroom while my JLUSA is being built, just to keep tabs on values in case I need to jump early. My plan is to take my truck up to Carmax once I have the Jeep (Carmax wouldn't give me an online offer, probably cause my truck is older). If they match/beat Carvana/Vroom, great. If they don't, I'll ping whichever of the two are offering the most.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My credit union allows me to generate and download the payoff letter from their website. I can specify how many days I want the letter to be valid for, and it automatically adjusts the payoff amount.

I’d request a 2-week payoff at least, to give yourself and Vroom enough time.

Any excess payment gets credited to your account.
Sponsored