First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Print that and take to your dealer or find another dealer. That TSB should fix the issue. It really is a small amount of people who have this issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
smuddy

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Print that and take to your dealer or find another dealer. That TSB should fix the issue. It really is a small amount of people who have this issue.
That's the plan. Already printed. Have appt next wednesday.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
It is really up to us forum surfers to tell the dealership, at times, what to look for. My Hellcat AC lines are currenlty being replaced. At the factory two solid aluminum AC lines where placed on top of each other. Over time they rub a hole into themselves. They would've had it for days if I didn't tell them where to look. How did I know? Reading the Hellcat forum. That is why having threads like these can save you and your dealer a lot of headaches.

Lots of moving parts on these things and each dealer deals with many, many models and many, many different years and brands within a brand. I'd hate to have to be back there in the shop trying to figure out what is wrong when you've never seen a problem before...and then being told it's just a software update!

bmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha Super Tenere, Aprilia Tuono, BMW S1000XR
I hate to say it but all these people complaining about the steering just is silly. If folks would reach out to jeep cares, they got involved right away, sent the correct info to the dealer when I sent them my appointment date and time and it was all fixed.
I disagree. There are new Wranglers sitting on dealers lots with this issue. I know, I drove two of them. They should be addressing this at the factory or at the very least have the dealer add it to the pre-delivery checklist. They should not wait until the customer complains about it.

Good management will recognize the problem and deal with it sooner rather than later.

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
They should be addressing this at the factory or at the very least have the dealer add it to the pre-delivery checklist.
According the the TSB they have already addressed it. It only affects four-doors (LWB) built before May 8, 2018.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I disagree. There are new Wranglers sitting on dealers lots with this issue. I know, I drove two of them. They should be addressing this at the factory or at the very least have the dealer add it to the pre-delivery checklist. They should not wait until the customer complains about it.

Good management will recognize the problem and deal with it sooner rather than later.
Understood but it happens. If people are expecting a perfect new car, then they should not buy a new car. It just happens and it just happens to just about every single brand. It really is not a big deal. Take the car in and in about 45 minutes the issue is fixed. about the time for a cup of coffee yet people want to complain like the sky is falling and the Wrangler is going to blow up if they turn the key. It is an issue, yes! Can FCA handle it better, I guess so but so could every other car maker. IDK but it was handled pretty well for me. Quick PM to jeep cares, let them know my appt date and time. All fixed.

Reactions: VNT

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Steering on mine is worlds better than the JKR I traded in.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
If people are expecting a perfect new car, then they should not buy a new car. It just happens and it just happens to just about every single brand. It really is not a big deal. Take the car in and in about 45 minutes the issue is fixed.
No it doesn't "just happen". I've bought 15 brand new cars in my lifetime and the only ones I've had major problems with are the Jeep/Dodge family. I've owned Pontiac, Hyundai, Honda, Mazda, Ford, Nissan, Jeep, Dodge and VW. My biggest problems came with first year models. My 2007 Wrangler had several recalls and my 2014 Cherokee had 6 recalls. My Dodge just died but that was a fuel pump issue.

Since Jeep is selling these for $40-55k there is an expectation for a higher quality vehicle. I'll never buy a first year vehicle because of this, especially not from FCA.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Since Jeep is selling these for $40-55k there is an expectation for a higher quality vehicle.
Since Jeep is selling these for $40-55k there is an expectation for a sensible buyer to say "no" , ( with only the reckless rich popping for a $40-55k overpriced Jeep with quality issues .)

JeepJets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Thank you all for the TSB and all this great input about contacting @JeepCares . I just filled out the form on their site referencing the TSB and need for my dealer to fix this once and for all. I was out in Arizona driving in 100 degree heat this past Labor Day and had a death grip on the steering wheel to avoid appearing like i was drunk driving and swerving lanes. This steering issue is dangerous and should be taken care of if your vehicle meets to specs in the TSB.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you all for the TSB and all this great input about contacting @JeepCares . I just filled out the form on their site referencing the TSB and need for my dealer to fix this once and for all. I was out in Arizona driving in 100 degree heat this past Labor Day and had a death grip on the steering wheel to avoid appearing like i was drunk driving and swerving lanes. This steering issue is dangerous and should be taken care of if your vehicle meets to specs in the TSB.
You,will be a happy campers hen fixed.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
My steering is pretty good but does have a deadband and it’s doubful it will get resolved, I had the ball joints torqued along with the TSB update and maybe just maybe there will be a recall on the steering box but I’m not holding my breath.

I don’t do much off roading except for the beach but I feel as if it would hold its own in the bush and hope to be able to take it to the woods but if not that’s ok to, I most likely will get something else years down the road but as long as this one serves me well and does not have any major issues I will keep it for now.

Wish you the best in finding another vehicle but IMHO any vehicle that’s been redesigned is going to have issues the first year out

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No it doesn't "just happen". I've bought 15 brand new cars in my lifetime and the only ones I've had major problems with are the Jeep/Dodge family. I've owned Pontiac, Hyundai, Honda, Mazda, Ford, Nissan, Jeep, Dodge and VW. My biggest problems came with first year models. My 2007 Wrangler had several recalls and my 2014 Cherokee had 6 recalls. My Dodge just died but that was a fuel pump issue.

Since Jeep is selling these for $40-55k there is an expectation for a higher quality vehicle. I'll never buy a first year vehicle because of this, especially not from FCA.
Since Jeep is selling these for $40-55k there is an expectation for a sensible buyer to say "no" , ( with only the reckless rich popping for a $40-55k overpriced Jeep with quality issues .)
Sorry we will agreee to disagree. It does just happen. Go onto EVERY car forum and you will find the same threads. “Issues with new car”, EVERY forum. More issues with first year launches but still issues none the less. There just isn’t the perfect car out there off the line and when buying new you have the potential of issues. You just hope those issues are minor and easily fixed, just like the Jeep steering issue is easily fixed. Oh and it isn’t just FCA. Head on over to the Cadillac forums, Ford Forums, Tesla forums, Porsche forums, Maserati forums, Chevy forums. Lexus forums, VW forums. I haven’t checked Hyundai and Honda as those don’t concern me.

71beepbeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Sahara
How do you find out what day it was built? My Jeep was built in May, but I don’t know which day.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Cadillac , Ford , Tesla , Porsche , Maserati , Chevy , VW , Hyundai , and Honda
Above all junk with the electronics , and VW is the worst . Also , any vehicle with IFS is stupid .

I put Jeep ahead of all of those . I am a Jeep loyalist of long standing . Straight axles Rule forever .
Sponsored