Sell our 21 to Vroom and order a 22?

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
If I got $4k more than I paid for my 2021 Jeep, I would net less than $500 when including tax, title, dealer fees paid. I ordered my Jeep in Feb 2021, the price of a similar model has gone up about $2500. My Jeep only has 6K miles on it.
Sponsored

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
IMO $4K is a pretty slim margin, especially when you factor in taxes, title, mods, potential travel to get the new one, etc.

Plus, you already know that the one you have is [currently] issue-free. Who knows what the new one could have; there are tons of threads of brand new vehicles having issues.

Just my $0.02 - $4k savings and only going up one model year isn't worth the hassle.
Agree 100% you need to be at least +8,000 to make that move work. I sold my 2018 with 50,000 miles for 32,000, I paid 36,000. So basically drove for 3 years at a cost of 1,500 a year. I factored in maintenance that was coming due and the semi-high mileage. Plus I just purchased a wrangler for 6% below invoice

Deleted member 59498

I think 4k depends on where you live. Its basically upgrading for nothing. Plus driving the trade in for 2 years.

OP
OP
Mike8194

Mike8194

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys
If I got $4k more than I paid for my 2021 Jeep, I would net less than $500 when including tax, title, dealer fees paid. I ordered my Jeep in Feb 2021, the price of a similar model has gone up about $2500. My Jeep only has 6K miles on it.
Yeah, prob not a good deal for you then. I looked at out the doors prices and mine would be about $1k more than my prior build after tax, tag, doc fee, etc. ordering from Gupton. I am still up ~$3k, and get a mileage and warranty reset.

Vroom picked up my Jeep yesterday. Will be weird to be without a Jeep for a few months. I did see Gladiators are cranking out much faster than expected. There are reports on the Gladiator forum of people ordering in November and their trucks have already been built and shipped. I am hopeful the 20-24 week lead time is a worst case scenario.

sparky321977

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe. ordered 2022 4xe rubi and 2022 Wildtrak
Not sure if you have tried givemethevin.com? Here in Texas they are paying pretty well for Wranglers. I have a leased 4xe through chrysler capital. They took the $7500 as a cap reduction. GMTV will buy out lease as long as it is through certain companies (they have. a list and CC is one of them) long story short they are giving me $54,750 for my 4xe. with the 5% below invoice i got it for plus cap reduction for tax credit i have had the vehicle nearly 6 months and only owe $41k. so for me selling was a no brainer, this was a gap vehicle until my Bronco was ready, but fell in love with Jeep so ordered the 22 4xe Rubi i really wanted over a month ago and will be parting ways with this jeep in a few days with $10k+ in pocket.

Sponsored

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Not sure if you have tried givemethevin.com? Here in Texas they are paying pretty well for Wranglers. I have a leased 4xe through chrysler capital. They took the $7500 as a cap reduction. GMTV will buy out lease as long as it is through certain companies (they have. a list and CC is one of them) long story short they are giving me $54,750 for my 4xe. with the 5% below invoice i got it for plus cap reduction for tax credit i have had the vehicle nearly 6 months and only owe $41k. so for me selling was a no brainer, this was a gap vehicle until my Bronco was ready, but fell in love with Jeep so ordered the 22 4xe Rubi i really wanted over a month ago and will be parting ways with this jeep in a few days with $10k+ in pocket.

After a miserable experience with Carbuyerusa I gave givemethevin a try. They were my last resort. Carvana, Carmax and Vroom were all way low. Did all of the online stuff for givemethevin and then was contacted via email. Didn't hear anything for a few days after that and decided to contact them. They asked for a few more things which I provided. The only thing I couldn't provide them was an official dealer buyout letter. They have to do that. Guy said he would handle that. After that logistics would contact me to schedule pick-up. That was last Wednesday. Guy said he would contact the bank on Friday. I have heard nothing else.

At this point I'm over it. Had two of these companies waste too much of my time already. I'm glad some people have had good luck selling. And selling for a profit. For me it just wasn't meant to be.

Iowa_Wrangler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Firecracker Red, 2022 392 On Order
Here's my situation. My dealer will order a '22 to my specs when they are available on 12/7'ish and trade even out the door for my '21. So, I get to drive my '21 while I wait for my '22 to arrive. I think it's a sweet deal even though I'm not making any $$$.
Sponsored