Sponsored

Self tapping bolt broken head — what to do?

CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Speaking of "H3R's" fire extinguisher mount - I can't tell you how much I despise that company and their lack of business ethics and integrity. We developed that mount in 2009 after many different designs and a lot of testing. We sold it exclusively with H3R's mount. Well, the lazy, scumbag idiots at H3R decided that the would cast aside any professionalism and they would just literally copy our product and call it their own. With the exception of Chinese companies, this is basically unheard of. US manufacturers - especially in the 4WD arena refrain from just making blatant copies of each other products. Well, H3R just doesn't have the integrity to develop their own solution and instead, they just copied ours and called it their own. In the 15 years we have been bringing innovative solutions to the 4WD community, we have never experienced a US-based company that would stoop so low. We will never, ever patronize this company again - and hope that if you can identify with our story at all - you will look to take your business elsewhere.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jandersendo

jandersendo

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Speaking of "H3R's" fire extinguisher mount - I can't tell you how much I despise that company and their lack of business ethics and integrity. We developed that mount in 2009 after many different designs and a lot of testing. We sold it exclusively with H3R's mount. Well, the lazy, scumbag idiots at H3R decided that the would cast aside any professionalism and they would just literally copy our product and call it their own. With the exception of Chinese companies, this is basically unheard of. US manufacturers - especially in the 4WD arena refrain from just making blatant copies of each other products. Well, H3R just doesn't have the integrity to develop their own solution and instead, they just copied ours and called it their own. In the 15 years we have been bringing innovative solutions to the 4WD community, we have never experienced a US-based company that would stoop so low. We will never, ever patronize this company again - and hope that if you can identify with our story at all - you will look to take your business elsewhere.
Did you patent it? If so, you have a lawsuit on your hands my friend. If you didn’t, stop whining. I mean you even call it their mount on your website….
Jeep Wrangler JL Self tapping bolt broken head — what to do? 55F4510F-3799-409C-8C03-B346AFAB5E02

CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Did you patent it? If so, you have a lawsuit on your hands my friend. If you didn’t, stop whining. I mean you even call it their mount on your website….
It is NOT practical to patent niche (relatively low volume) products. The cost to create a patent is not trivial and then the cost to defend a patent can also be very expensive. Regarding your cut/paste from our website, the mounting base/bracket is our own. On top of that bracket, you could attach the actual fire extinguish mount - which was H3Rs.
Sponsored