Self Correcting Speedometer

JeepPunk

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Trans Am, 16 Colorado, 17 Camaro SS 1le, 18 punk’n Rubi
I’m almost always using CarPlay so?? Lol who knows. I’ll try without tomorrow.
Found a member from a previous thread about this issue and that’s what is happening.
When iPhone plugged into Jeep;

GPS even simple speed apps do 100% match what Jeeps speedometer says.
However and unfortunately it is not correcting speedometer. Instead and who knows why the Jeep is sending data to phone and changing speed readings.
The reality is just about as bonkers as what I had initially hoped for just not as useful.

I even tested it today; Set cruise in 5th gear at 55 while hooked to CarPlay with speedometer ap opened. Disconnected lightning cable and app immediately went from 55 to 58!
Wonder if this is just an iOS peculiarity or of android based devices do this too.
Anyhow mystery solved: I still think my Jeep is magical though. :like:

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
When I set my tire size to correct my speedo with my Tazer I used a stand alone app not connected and after a few changes I was able to get it spot on from 70 mph and down, I have not heard the speedo fixes itself bu have heard that the tranny does readjust shift points after tire size has been corrected, I do find that I jump between 7-8 since going to 315’s with the lift but I was told that’s pretty normal since I added the tires and lift, has something to do with rolling mass

Advertisement

Rancho

Advertisement