Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
Hello Jeep Community,

I am interested in purchasing and installing a few items on my 2018 JLU Rubicon. Currently, I am looking at a Barricade Adventure HD Front Bumper, Smittybilt X2O 10K winch, and a pair of KC HiLiTES (5-Inch Apollo Pro Halogen Lights). I do not have the tow package option, and therefor none of the AUX switches in the cabin.

I am most curious to know how I will go about wiring the winch and the KC lights to power, and then how I will turn on both accessories from the Jeep. My guess is that the winch is turned on manually by getting out of the Jeep when hooking up the winch line, but being a first-time off-roader, I really have no idea. Secondly, will I be able to wire the KC lights to be able to be toggled on and off from the driver's seat?

Any and all advice at this point is very much appreciated. My family and I have been doing some light off-roading in the area on our own, and I would like to have the security of a winch going forward in-case we were ever to get ourselves stuck.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
for the lights, it usually comes with everything right down to the switch. the wires will connect to the battery and you would run the switch thru the fire wall and mount the switch within reach to the driver. some mount it by the steering wheel on the kick panel. it up to you where you want it. where the light connects to the battery, i will have power full time and ready for you to hit the switch to light up.

the winch will be connected to the battery and will be ready to use. no switch.

both additions will be connected to the battery and will be "hot", meaning theres power to it.

Croomrider

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKR
Check out this Bluetooth accessory controller. It does most of what the factory Aux switches do and you don't need to run control wires through the firewall.

Also check out the Warn Winch contractor. It can be mounted close to the battery and you don't have a heavy gauge wire which is hot all of the time running up to the winch. This is dangerous because it could start a fire in the case of an accident. The contractor could be switched on with the Bluetooth switch above. https://www.warn.com/warn-industries-63070-winch-contactor

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Trigger 4 switch system. Looks identical to the one posted in the video above. Simple wiring and install with no need to run any wires through the firewall. Switches mount above the rear view mirror and look factory. Comes in a 4 or 6 switch option. I bought the whole kit from 4WP during a sale, Northridge 4x4 also sells them. I love it and it works perfect for me with my KC lights.
Sponsored