Sponsored

Selec Trac 4WD and Anti Spin Differential - finalizing custom order...Snazberry?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Stopped by Jeep dealer to look at colors but, no one has snazzberry around me,. We did seeSting Gray and I was shocked at how much nicer it looked in person vs online. It pushed Granite out of the running and Granite is pretty nice. It had a much darker look and a sharper appeal than I expected. Online, it looked much lighter to me.
The pics of Snazzberry on Build A Jeep jeep.com also seem very different to me than pics posted on this forum. On the website it looks more muted and dark and in pics in this forum it looks brighter and more berry. Very hesitant to order that color w/o seeing it in person.

With your help, we decided to get Selec Trac Full Time 4WD/Anti Spin Diff Rear Axle.
To heighten your chances to see snazzberry in real life, scan through the challengers and rams as well. Dodge calls the same color Octane Red, and ram uses the name Delmonico Red. Same paint code as the snazz.
Sponsored

OP
OP

marthasiny

First Name
Martha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
I ordered Sting Gray because Snazzberry was not available at the time I ordered. If it was, I would have ordered it.
Have you seen snazzberry yet in person? Curious if it shows as bright berry in the su
To heighten your chances to see snazzberry in real life, scan through the challengers and rams as well. Dodge calls the same color Octane Red, and ram uses the name Delmonico Red. Same paint code as the snazz.
Wow - thanks! I only looked for gladiators/jeeps.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have you seen snazzberry yet in person? Curious if it shows as bright berry in the su

Wow - thanks! I only looked for gladiators/jeeps.
My best bud got an octane red challenger. I went with him on the day he picked it up. A couple pics from that day, about a year ago, and a couple from a couple months ago.
Jeep Wrangler JL Selec Trac 4WD and Anti Spin Differential - finalizing custom order...Snazberry? 20190625_200417
Jeep Wrangler JL Selec Trac 4WD and Anti Spin Differential - finalizing custom order...Snazberry? 20190625_200721
Jeep Wrangler JL Selec Trac 4WD and Anti Spin Differential - finalizing custom order...Snazberry? 20200801_190235
Jeep Wrangler JL Selec Trac 4WD and Anti Spin Differential - finalizing custom order...Snazberry? 20200801_190209

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not just the OP. Every time I see Snazzberry/Octane/Delmonico Red, it looks very differently: it looks deep, rich and lustrous in direct sunlight; dull, dark and flat in the shade.

Jeep Wrangler JL Selec Trac 4WD and Anti Spin Differential - finalizing custom order...Snazberry? 017-Ram-Rebel-in-Delmonico-Red-front-three-quarter

Jeep Wrangler JL Selec Trac 4WD and Anti Spin Differential - finalizing custom order...Snazberry? 1601560132378

To me, I looks like one of those colors that wows you 10% of the time, but goes totally unnoticed the other 90%.

Sponsored

OP
OP

marthasiny

First Name
Martha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
My best bud got an octane red challenger. I went with him on the day he picked it up. A couple pics from that day, about a year ago, and a couple from a couple months ago.
Jeep Wrangler JL Selec Trac 4WD and Anti Spin Differential - finalizing custom order...Snazberry? 1601560132378
Great pic TY!! That's one gorgeous color on the Challenger! Best ruby red I have ever seen. But , still not sure about jeep! Keep going back and forth bc l now love that sting gray too (and it's so so classic)! It seems that both colors change in sun/shade.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Rich and lustrous
Jeep Wrangler JL Selec Trac 4WD and Anti Spin Differential - finalizing custom order...Snazberry? JeeISJLhf9r5eRVH5IOefuxFVaL8Efq5db0_AnOai2o

Dull and flat
Jeep Wrangler JL Selec Trac 4WD and Anti Spin Differential - finalizing custom order...Snazberry? 5c63cb9b79116.image

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great pic TY!! That's one gorgeous color on the Challenger! Best ruby red I have ever seen. But , still not sure about jeep! Keep going back and forth bc l now love that sting gray too (and it's so so classic)! It seems that both colors change in sun/shade.
These shots were taken just minutes apart.
Jeep Wrangler JL Selec Trac 4WD and Anti Spin Differential - finalizing custom order...Snazberry? 20200628_200357
Jeep Wrangler JL Selec Trac 4WD and Anti Spin Differential - finalizing custom order...Snazberry? 20200628_200307
Jeep Wrangler JL Selec Trac 4WD and Anti Spin Differential - finalizing custom order...Snazberry? 20200628_200825

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

If I was buying again, I suspect I'd select the SelecTrac as an option. I've been eying a RockTrac swap on my Sahara down the road, and I might try and source the ROCK-TRAC HD FULL TIME version. Might be a harder swap than just going with the standard Rubicon transfer case.

OP
OP

marthasiny

First Name
Martha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
These shots were taken just minutes apart.
20200628_200357.jpg
20200628_200307.jpg
20200628_200825.jpg
That's crazy (but in a good way)! I do love all the shots. Its quite an interesting color and just seems very classic, but not boring. The red "might" be like binging on my favorite comfort food...really good once in a while but would wear thin quickly if I ate it all the time ;-)

Sponsored

AG30

First Name
Akil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JLU, Ducati Monster 796
I'm out in Alberta, Canada and have found the selec-trac to be a great option. It is often snowy and icy here in the winter and the selec-trac option provides a nice set-it and forget-it option. It gives peace of mind, especially if you are in a situation where you at times are sharing your car with significant other or family member who isn't necessarily fully aware of how to handle the features of the car. I don't find that it negatively impacts fuel econ or anything like that. I haven't really regretted it and feel much more comfortable with it. Also, you can just shut it off when you are facing a really nice day with calm road conditions.

Emoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, Camaro SS
My concern, which may be unfounded due to my own ignorance is that when you get the FullTime option, the front diff has CV joints instead of U-joints. Can someone more knowledgeable please comment on the relative strengths and weaknesses of U-joints vs. CV joints?

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Get Snazzberry. It's unique and not a shade of grey. As a fan of colors, this is a no-brainer.
It seems half the cars on the road are some shade of silver or grey. Very boring.

I like the Snazzberry and the Army green. They are at opposite ends of the color POP spectrum. Is the Snazzberry too much color and is the army green too dull and washed out?

Almost all cars I have owned in the past have been black. They look amazing when washed and polished up but they show the first signs of dirt way to quickly.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
It seems half the cars on the road are some shade of silver or grey. Very boring.

I like the Snazzberry and the Army green. They are at opposite ends of the color POP spectrum. Is the Snazzberry too much color and is the army green too dull and washed out?

Almost all cars I have owned in the past have been black. They look amazing when washed and polished up but they show the first signs of dirt way to quickly.
Don't forget swirl marks on black cars, usually they buff them great at the dealership put a bit of glaze on and make them look slick. First rain comes through and every rough edge shows a swirl mark and your best friend for the next few months is a clay bar and microfiber cloth. :)

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
I use a California Car Duster on my black Sahara which keeps is nice and shiny here in Cali!
Sponsored