Sponsored

Seems I don't have Hill Assist?

lagunajim

...do you remember the days when cars were cars and the driver was responsible for everything? No a days we have cars that park themselves, drive by themselves, and like yours don't have to worry about pushing the clutch in and rolling back. How lazy as a society are we going to become.

Well - we're heading toward just sitting in the car and playing on facebook while the car does all the driving.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Many of us like all the modern features in our sometimes-off-road-mostly-on-road vehicles. I'm looking forward to my heated leather seats especially in my JL on-order. It will be my third Jeep.
Well , you and I live nearby , and I can attest that heated leather seats are a waste of money where we live .

Go to the used Jeep lot on Laguna Canyon Road , and tell me how many have ever had heated leather seats ?

Fellows have CJs , etc ., with no top and old canvas seats , in the balmy weather where we live . In mornings we get a little fog , lol .

lagunajim

Well, my neighbor, I drive a a Jeep with no doors and no roof even at night in January here in glorious southern California - so my heated seats are most enjoyable thank you very much :)

And though he's a good guy, I wouldn't buy at Jeeps 'r Us because Larie's Jeeps are stripped, painted beautifully, and then put back together mechanically so they pass inspection - no more. Not a good value, though they look really pretty. For $25K you can ALMOST get a brand new Jeep with a 3-year warranty.

A lot of those CJ's didn't even have FM radios -- is there something disrespectful to them enjoying SiriusXM in my new one?

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
For $25K you can ALMOST get a brand new Jeep with a 3-year warranty.
That's how much I paid for my JK Sport two years ago ; now they are priced on dealer used lots for 20% more . Nothing wrong with appreciation , although I'm not selling .

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Yep. I just taught my 16yr old to drive my Jeep. Now that he’s got it down, the next lesson is going to be hill starts with the assist turned off. Hand brake technique will be taught!
@unixfool - I saw your handle in the notification that you liked my post and am here to say I love it! These days you’re more likely to encounter a Linux fool, but some of us are old enough to remember when UNIX was king! That’s all, carry on. Oh, csh sucks. ;-)

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
My HSA was intermittent. Sometimes it worked perfectly, and sometimes not at all. I had an ABS flash update applied, and it has been working properly since, although I don't have many miles since the update yet.

OP
OP
supermike

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
Has anyone figured this out?
nope, because people here will say oh it's a jeep thing. oh my cj don't even come with A/C. you should be in full control of your vehicle. oh you need to learn how to drive a manual. oh my grandpa used to teach me how to properly hill start using hand brake....blablablablabla.

Sponsored

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
@unixfool - I saw your handle in the notification that you liked my post and am here to say I love it! These days you’re more likely to encounter a Linux fool, but some of us are old enough to remember when UNIX was king! That’s all, carry on. Oh, csh sucks. ;-)
And some of us are old enough to have programmed using Hollerith cards! Sorry necro’d this thread but was researching hill assist issues.

I noticed a slightly different problem on my JK and a JLUR I test drove recently occasionally hill assist doesn’t release the brakes without a fair bit of throttle. Hill assist is new to me, only picked up my 2011 JK last fall, but not manual transmissions and Jeeps or other cars. Yup used the parking brake on really steep hills in the past good skill to have along with good clutch/gas/brake coordination.....

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
FYI my CJ doesn’t have a/c and quite often is also devoid of top, doors and windshield. It does have an old cassette stereo with 100 watt rms amp under the drivers seat and some bookshelf speakers at the tailgate but you can’t really hear any of this at speed..... or come to think of it the ex-wife screaming at you to slow down.....

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So I realize the thread started long ago, but I enjoyed the read. I haven't had a chance to try it on my '19 JL

I will say it shouldn't be THAT hard - "we have the technology" as it works very well on my '11 SuperDuty. At first I hated it only 'cause I just don't want my vehicle to be able to apply the brakes - I'm too distrusting of "ghosts in the machine." But I've come to really enjoy it on my SuperDuty. That said, if it vanished tomorrow I wouldn't shed a tear - I've driven tons of tow rigs without it and somehow survived all these years.

But yes I agree on a JL if it is SUPPOSED to be there it SHOULD work

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
And young men in West Virginia can repair vehicles at 16 . The best Tank mechanics in the Army were from West Virginia and eastern Kentucky .
And when the Government was looking for a well qualified Sniper, they would come to the Appalachian Mountains and find the best 18 year old hunter who could shoot like nobodies business!
Sponsored