Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I order the JLURXR and plan on adding the a compressor and quick connect kit pretty close to day one. I agree with your your philosophy about getting stuck and such. That’s why I was looking at some of these options for bead retention wheels. This is only one piece of the puzzle for building my rig.
Unless you're doing really extreme stuff you won't need beadlocks (IMHO). I have my Stauns set to 15 psi (nothing extreme) and have never had an issue with my 33s. 15 psi seems to give an appropriate contact patch for everything that I've done (up to level 7 trails).
Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I order the JLURXR and plan on adding the a compressor and quick connect kit pretty close to day one. I agree with your your philosophy about getting stuck and such. That’s why I was looking at some of these options for bead retention wheels. This is only one piece of the puzzle for building my rig.
You and I think very much alike. Once I found out about all the hassle, extra cost, THEN tire shops won't work on them?

The juice just wasn't worth the squeeze for me anymore.

The LOOK is still cool, and I really would love the gun metal mopars to match the gun metal accents on the Tuscadero. I'd especially love to color match the rings. And maybe if we actually have this one for a while I'll do so, but not at the moment.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

You and I think very much alike. Once I found out about all the hassle, extra cost, THEN tire shops won't work on them?

The juice just wasn't worth the squeeze for me anymore.

The LOOK is still cool, and I really would love the gun metal mopars to match the gun metal accents on the Tuscadero. I'd especially love to color match the rings. And maybe if we actually have this one for a while I'll do so, but not at the moment.
If you just want the look (with an option to convert to beadlocks later) then you might consider AEV's Borah wheels with their protection ring.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Based on my (limited) experience your 4 door breakover angle will limit you far before traction. But I don’t mud or sand on purpose and I don’t travel the country to hard trails.

OP
OP
MrGoodByte

MrGoodByte

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURXR, '11 Challenger SE
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Unless you're doing really extreme stuff you won't need beadlocks (IMHO). I have my Stauns set to 15 psi (nothing extreme) and have never had an issue with my 33s. 15 psi seems to give an appropriate contact patch for everything that I've done (up to level 7 trails).
Location makes a big impact on what PSI is best. Out here in NC, our rocks have very little grip to them. You have to have the right tire/PSI combo to wrap the tread around the rock to get forward momentum on tough obstacles. So once you go to load range D tires (majority of your 35s and 37s), you really lose a lot of the squish you get with the factory C range tires because of the stiffer side walls, and thus lose a lot of your ability to grab rocks as well. Beadlocks and low PSI make a huge difference with our wheeling out here because traction is at such a premium, especially if it's wet and you're fighting clay build up in the tread too.