Sponsored

Seeking wheel and tire advice for 35s on a JLU Sport

S207307

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Sport S
I recently got my JLU Sport S and I'm looking to give it a bit more of an aggressive look...starting with wheels and tires.
I just bought five 35" KO2s (LT315/70R17) and a set of 17x9.5 wheels to mount them on.
This is my first Jeep and I think I'm becoming a little more proficient (and a little lighter in the wallet) everyday at learning about all the customization options for the Wrangler.
For now, I'm hoping for some advice about my wheels and tires.
I think I've got a workable group here, maybe just need to look in to a lift kit and/or spring for the Mopar Rubicon fenders (I hear they have the LEDs in them?)
I've seen some folks post their JLU Sports with 35s, no lift, no fender swap...but is that really viable even for on road only?
I will eventually want to take this thing mildly off-road, but I will be limited to mall crawling for the next 3 months or so.
Can I wait to do the lift and potential fender flares mods and go ahead and get the 35s put on now? Or am I asking to rack my fenders and lose real articulation/have some rubbing.
I plan to take out the closeout bumper pieces and these wheels have a -18 offset.
Sponsored

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX 2015, Ford F150, Honda Odyssey,
If you read through a bunch of other threads, you will find that this set up on wheels with offsets similar to yours works without issue for on road purposes only. I haven’t done this but there are threads in the technical section under tires and wheels that contain examples. Post pictures when you’ve done it though so there are more.