First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Hella Yella
Hi squad. Title says it all. Looking to get some of that heat shedding window tint on my JLUR tomorrow. I live North of Frisco, so I don’t want to have to head all the way into Dallas if there is someone reliable nearer to me. Thanks!
Sponsored

mshallop

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sport JL
Glacier Window Tinting
2500 Cooper St.
Arlington, TX 76015
glacierwindowtinting.com
817-860-8535

I took my new JL in there couple weeks back - got the ceramic coating on sides and back. You can mix/match your tints. I got "legal" on front windows, max-dark on rear, and the mid-color (there's only the three) on the back. Took about 90 minutes (waited in the lobby) and cost about $230 if I remember correctly. You'll want to book an appointment over just walking-in as they're pretty busy. Great staff and follow-up service if needed.

Hope this helps!

--mike

dpowell5523

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
try using google maps and reach out to the shops that come up in your area. Not a lot of people from that area on here, I assume.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I used Apex Auto for my Huper Optik ceramic. Had the front done as well. It's not cheap but I dont want to deal with the TX sun. They're near the Addison airport. Expect around $1k. Addisons BFE north to me, no idea if it's close enough for you. Driving for quality tint is worth it. I only use Huper Optik or Pinnacle on my cars, preferably Huper.

https://www.apexautoco.com/

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I used Apex Auto for my Huper Optik ceramic. Had the front done as well. It's not cheap but I dont want to deal with the TX sun. They're near the Addison airport. Expect around $1k. Addisons BFE north to me, no idea if it's close enough for you. Driving for quality tint is worth it. I only use Huper Optik or Pinnacle on my cars, preferably Huper.

https://www.apexautoco.com/
$1k for tinting? Holy Cow!!!

Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
$1k for tinting? Holy Cow!!!
Yeah, I forget exactly, 800-900ish probably. It was $500ish on my little 2 seater BMW awhile back. Huper is pricey. I don't feel hardly any warmth at my windows in in TX. Ironically my Jeeps in parking garages 24/7 now..

You can probably get it cheaper at other places, Apex definitely isn't known for being affordable. I didn't shop around unfortunately.

mokeefe

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Never done ceramic but Frisco Tint has always done great work on my vehicles.

(972) 668-4405
4681 Ohio Dr #117, Frisco, TX 75035

CJ7nvrstk

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 11 JKU
North of Frisco, huh? Prosper here.

There's a guy on many of the DFW FB Jeep pages, Scott Solar. I've used him in the past, not sure if he does the ceramic stuff though. Good guy, does great work. When I used him he was working out of a shot in Arlington.

OP
OP
r75usmc

r75usmc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Hella Yella
I used a nice shop in Denton who did everything including a clear ceramic on the windshield for $420. It’s Llumar brand with the lifetime warranty.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Ceramic coating in general are overrated, not that they do not do a great job of tinting (it is a great product) and some protection but the installation cost does not meet the premium prices being charged. The material cost is not that much it is a labor cash cow.

I just had a full 3M Pro wrap done which was done by a local Tint shop I had quotes from $1200-4500 for the exact same thing I went with one at $1600 (purely on reputation and accountability) also had windows tinted $150
Sponsored