Sponsored

Seeing lot of Wrangler Commercials Now

PatriotUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911S, 2020 BMW X5
Noticed a lot of Wrangler commercials on tv, on Weather Channel, Fox News. What does this mean? Sales slowing? Incentives?
Sponsored

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Noticed a lot of Wrangler commercials on tv, on Weather Channel, Fox News. What does this mean? Sales slowing? Incentives?
Inventory is piling up at my local dealer; mostly Sports and Saharas that sit for months. The Rubicons seem to go quickly; like straight from the truck to delivery prep (I assume many of them are sold orders). Demand is clearly strong, I just think dealers/FCA are still figuring out the right trim/option mix for dealer stock.

The adverts are probably intended to help them flush out the inventory with these less-desirable trim/option combos.

OP
OP
PatriotUSA

PatriotUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wasn’t offering any incentives or even special financing for the JL earlier this year (late summer-early Fall), which kept me from buying then. Has that changed?

Relatedly, what are do-able discounts in Texas for Sahara on a dealer lot?

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If Jeep wanted to do a cool Wrangler commercial they could literally hit up #Jeep on IG and take a collection of photos people have shared (with their permission of course) and string them together. Its incredible how much cool stuff is out there.

84jeepjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLUR 392, 84 CJ7, 2005 Z71 Burb
Jeep wasn’t offering any incentives or even special financing for the JL earlier this year (late summer-early Fall), which kept me from buying then. Has that changed?

Relatedly, what are do-able discounts in Texas for Sahara on a dealer lot?
Well from what people are getting all the time I would say 5 to 8% below invoice. You will have to do your homework and work for it, but even one of the local dealers by me went from 3% to 5% below invoice on the dealer thread. I'm willing to travel to get one, but would rather do it local. My son got a 2018 Sport S (in Wichita Falls) for 5% off invoice, and he was polite but firm. Was willing to walk if they didn't give him what he wanted.

Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
End of Fiscal year. Spend the money before the end of the year or lose it.
Help clear 2018 inventory.
Also depends on what type of ad it was. Tier 1 or Tier 2 or Tier 3?
Tier 1 is corporate $. Tier 2 is corp and regional dealer $ and Tier 3 is local dealer $.
Tier 1 is corporate asset. Tier 2 can be corporate asset with dealer tag on it vs Tier 3 usually those Obnoxious "Come on down to Charlie McFlurben's today and buy a new X - our vehicles are HOT HOT HOT"

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
and Weather channel and Fox news are cheap compared to prime time so the ad $ goes farther.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone plays commercials around the holidays. Companies like google, Microsoft and Apple are the same. Hardly ever see any commercials until the holidays.

OP
OP
PatriotUSA

PatriotUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^Looked like Jeep national commercials (Tier 1?).
I get that it’s Christmas and all, but Jeep went from zero commercials for the Wrangler to many seemingly overnight.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I've been seeing Jeep commercials since the Super Bowl.

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Also, for what it’s worth... I stream all of my tv shows, which is obviously linked to my internet. Once I started researching the new Wrangler last year, I somehow started getting a ton of JEEP commercials coming my way. That may or may not be what others are experiencing, but it is something I’ve noticed for myself.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Also, for what it’s worth... I stream all of my tv shows, which is obviously linked to my internet. Once I started researching the new Wrangler last year, I somehow started getting a ton of JEEP commercials coming my way. That may or may not be what others are experiencing, but it is something I’ve noticed for myself.
That explains why there are so many commercials about hemorrhoid cream. Thanks!
Sponsored