Sponsored

See light through the passenger door when closed...

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yes, yes, my doors should be off but it's still cold out and I hate cold. Here is a picture. I added the quadratec door sill guards but i doubt that piece of plastic can cause the door to have a gap in it. Is this normal?

Jeep Wrangler JL See light through the passenger door when closed... 1618595537887
Sponsored

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
there was a lot of early on talk with people having sealing issues with the door sill guard's. I really do think that might be your issue.

OP
OP

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
there was a lot of early on talk with people having sealing issues with the door sill guard's. I really do think that might be your issue.
I agree. Maybe I have it up to far. If I remove it, though, it'll never reseat the sill guard without new tape.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. Maybe I have it up to far. If I remove it, though, it'll never reseat the sill guard without new tape.
I'm sure you'd have some problems might be worth picking up some extra 3m tape, I was originally thinking about getting some a few years back, then spent money elsewhere. I have to climb into my jeep anyway so my foot normally goes straight to the footwell/floorboard.

OP
OP

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure you'd have some problems might be worth picking up some extra 3m tape, I was originally thinking about getting some a few years back, then spent money elsewhere. I have to climb into my jeep anyway so my foot normally goes straight to the footwell/floorboard.
My JK paint was completely worn down to the bare metal. These came free with the Quadratec liner kit as well ;)

I'll adjust it and see what happens, thanks!

Sponsored

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
Yes...absolutely...it is your Quadratech sill guards. I have them and have the same situation. Mine are installed correctly. There is really only one way accounting for the formed end. I am disappointed and considered removing them. I've since decided I might rather protect the sill paint more than I need to be air tight.

OP
OP

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes...absolutely...it is your Quadratech sill guards. I have them and have the same situation. Mine are installed correctly. There is really only one way accounting for the formed end. I am disappointed and considered removing them. I've since decided I might rather protect the sill paint more than I need to be air tight.
Gotcha, yeah, I just happened to notice one day. I may not mess with it and let it be.
Sponsored