OP
OP
dwn4cause

dwn4cause

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Thanks guys looking forward to going.. I know this trail is used by the pink jeeps so let’s see how it turns out.. the turning radius isn’t the best but of the videos I watched I didn’t see any very tight turns.
Sponsored

PHXjlu

First Name
PHX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler jlu 2020
Vehicle Showcase
There are two turns you might struggle with, and def do not do the staircase

OP
OP
dwn4cause

dwn4cause

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Is there a way around the staircase? You said not to do it because there are large obstacles down it?

Mud Wasp

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hella Yella 2019 JLU, Copperhead Pearl 2014 JK
Occupation
Transportation
Vehicle Showcase
I think you can do the stair case know your line of travel going down. It's still a jeep and very capable off road machine. The pink jeeps are longer and have a third row of seats and run the trail all day. There will be several times when you or the other driver may have to back up to clear the single track portions of the trail. Having others in your group to run ahead to make sure the trail is clear may help to limit these situations. There is one spot where getting through the trees might be difficult with the longer Jeep. If you have trouble with the entrance to the stair case portion of the trail mainly the first step going up step to the sandstone rocks, at the top there is a small merry go round yet you can skip that one. My reason for caution is approach, departure angles and you longer wheel base getting hung up.

Have fun no matter what trail you run.

If you have to or choose to skip the stair case you just go back the same trail you came in on.

OP
OP
dwn4cause

dwn4cause

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Thanks for the advice.. I’ll ask around perhaps there are other jeeps going out that day, we are going over thanksgiving week so hopefully there is someone else going at that time.

Sponsored

PHXjlu

First Name
PHX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler jlu 2020
Vehicle Showcase
For sure you can do the staircase its not hard at all, only issue is at the beginning your jeep will touch the rocks for a bit due to the size of it. After that you will be fine. Thats why I said do not do the staircase but if you are ok with that then you should good

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I think you'd be fine with the staircase too.
I did Broken Arrow in my 2014 Cherokee TH. Much lower clearance than what you have, and didn't have any issue with the staircase. And to my knowledge, there is NO BYPASS. That section of the trail is one-way around a short loop.

Turning radius at other points on the trail would be my concern. There are a few tight turns.

The blue section is the staircase. One-way, downhill only.

If I can manage the timing, I'd be interested in a Thanksgiving run there. Are you thinking of doing it on that Thursday? or another day during that weekend?

Jeep Wrangler JL Sedona over thanksgiving? 1601919375142

OP
OP
dwn4cause

dwn4cause

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
I think you'd be fine with the staircase too.
I did Broken Arrow in my 2014 Cherokee TH. Much lower clearance than what you have, and didn't have any issue with the staircase. And to my knowledge, there is NO BYPASS. That section of the trail is one-way around a short loop.

Turning radius at other points on the trail would be my concern. There are a few tight turns.

The blue section is the staircase. One-way, downhill only.

If I can manage the timing, I'd be interested in a Thanksgiving run there. Are you thinking of doing it on that Thursday? or another day during that weekend?

Jeep Wrangler JL Sedona over thanksgiving? 1601919375142
We don’t have a specific date we are staying near by from 11/21 to 11/27.. some other people are interested as well.. we are open to different times.. would be great to go with someone that knows the area..

Are some of the turns really sharp? Might need to do a couple 3 point turns?

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
We don’t have a specific date we are staying near by from 11/21 to 11/27.. some other people are interested as well.. we are open to different times.. would be great to go with someone that knows the area..

Are some of the turns really sharp? Might need to do a couple 3 point turns?
Yeah, just a few. And doable with 3-point turns.

I've seen a few full-size trucks in there. You should be fine.

And Thanksgiving day itself is probably out. But the Friday after, I think we could make work.

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Great run guys!
Myself, @mudwasp and @dwn4cause ran Broken Arrow yesterday. A little busy on the trail, but fantastic top-down weather.
Jeep Wrangler JL Sedona over thanksgiving? 20201127_101007
Jeep Wrangler JL Sedona over thanksgiving? 20201127_103650
Jeep Wrangler JL Sedona over thanksgiving? 20201127_103909
Jeep Wrangler JL Sedona over thanksgiving? 20201127_103932
Jeep Wrangler JL Sedona over thanksgiving? 20201127_105656
Jeep Wrangler JL Sedona over thanksgiving? 20201127_123800
Jeep Wrangler JL Sedona over thanksgiving? 20201127_114822

Sponsored

PHXjlu

First Name
PHX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler jlu 2020
Vehicle Showcase
How did the 6 doors do in the staircase?