Sponsored

Sedona over thanksgiving?

dwn4cause

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Hello, wondering if anyone on the forums lives in Sedona or plans to be there around thanksgiving? We plan to make a trip out there and would be nice to meet some people and do some trails. Any suggestions on which trails to do.. I know broken arrow is popular.
Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Hello, wondering if anyone on the forums lives in Sedona or plans to be there around thanksgiving? We plan to make a trip out there and would be nice to meet some people and do some trails. Any suggestions on which trails to do.. I know broken arrow is popular.
I just came back from there. I would highly recommend Schnebly Hill! It is not very difficult, you just have to really watch your lines in some places, plus there is literally a breathtaking photo op at every turn. I would air down since the sandstone is pretty rough on the first half of the trail though. Broken Arrow and Diamond Back Gulch are great for different obstacles that are more technical. Just my two cents.

OP
OP
dwn4cause

dwn4cause

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Schnebly Hill
Thanks I did Schnebly Hill about 5 years ago in a SUV but I am sure it's changed. I do remember stopping at all the overlooks. I might try broken arrow, but was concerned about my longer wheelbase.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I might try broken arrow, but was concerned about my longer wheelbase.
Pretty much all the 4 doors I saw out there had at least a two inch lift but I don’t know if that is necessary. Wish I could help but I have a 2 door.

Mud Wasp

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hella Yella 2019 JLU, Copperhead Pearl 2014 JK
Occupation
Transportation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks I did Schnebly Hill about 5 years ago in a SUV but I am sure it's changed. I do remember stopping at all the overlooks. I might try broken arrow, but was concerned about my longer wheelbase.
I was there two weeks ago did it in my 4dr JL Sport if that is a stretched 6 door jeep you may have a problem with the Devils staircase. I run a 2 inch lift with 35's. I did hit the rear shock mount pretty good in two locations

Sponsored

OP
OP
dwn4cause

dwn4cause

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
I was there two weeks ago did it in my 4dr JL Sport if that is a stretched 6 door jeep you may have a problem with the Devils staircase. I run a 2 inch lift with 35's. I did hit the rear shock mount pretty good in two locations
Yeah it’s a 6 door Jeep with 3.5” lift and 37’s.. I think the staircase might be the issue it’s hard to tell from the videos.

Mud Wasp

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hella Yella 2019 JLU, Copperhead Pearl 2014 JK
Occupation
Transportation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it’s a 6 door Jeep with 3.5” lift and 37’s.. I think the staircase might be the issue it’s hard to tell from the videos.
What is the turning radius of that beast?

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Not too far from Sedona -just East of flagstaff is the cinders OHV area. Some awesome places to drive on volcanic shale.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I just came back from there. I would highly recommend Schnebly Hill! It is not very difficult, you just have to really watch your lines in some places, plus there is literally a breathtaking photo op at every turn. I would air down since the sandstone is pretty rough on the first half of the trail though. Broken Arrow and Diamond Back Gulch are great for different obstacles that are more technical. Just my two cents.
do you have any more cents? LOL I was also thinking about a trip out there.... ( have to use up my 6 weeks of vacation before Christmas) would like to hear more...

Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
do you have any more cents? LOL I was also thinking about a trip out there.... ( have to use up my 6 weeks of vacation before Christmas) would like to hear more...
At Diamondback Gulch there are some ruins that are really cool! Old wall paintings and dwellings built up into the red rock.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
very beautiful..... thank you...

Endless Summer

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 AMG E63S
I think with 37s and a lift, you'll be fine in the 6 door.. I did Devils Staircase in a stock tired, stock suspension JLURR and only had a couple small scrapes.. the wheelbase MAY actually be of benefit for you as you could bridge across a few of the larger drops.. The bigger concern could be turning radius. I have no idea how your turning is, but I think the staircase will be ok..

SimianHacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
There are a few videos of people doing Devil's Staircase in a stock JL Sport. If you go slow and pick a good line you should be fine. From what I gather there are plenty of Jeeps out there to help get you unstuck if you need it.
Sponsored