Sponsored

Sedona AZ current trail conditions ?

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
I may do that, have any places you recommend that I can google and look into to get started?
Most of the popular ones are all here: https://azoffroad.net/offroad-trails. The "North Phoenix" trails include ones that aren't too far from Sedona, like the DeSoto Mine Trail.

The Table Mesa area (near I-17 & Table Mesa Road exit) won't be too far south, and that has a ton of trails ranging from easy to buggy territory. There are always people and the trails branch in every direction. You can even just drive around without a plan and explore.

This book is really really good as a guide. I have it and would strongly recommend. Easy to consult when driving around. https://www.amazon.com/Guide-Arizon...p-1934838284/dp/1934838284/ref=dp_ob_title_bk
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Also, since I'm at work and don't have much time to quickly find another place, does anyone have any recommendations ?

I'm willing to drive anywhere in the united states, have 9 days to travel, and looking for trails that my stock Rubicon can do.

I've done Moab and Colorado many times already, where else should I start looking?
Little muddy in the SE, but Windrock in TN is a good time with plenty to explore.

@mgroeger is in Hurricane and could give you a recommendation on how Sand Hollow is right now.

Reactions: LCW
OP
OP

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
I second the Sand Hollow area outside of St. George/Hurricane, UT. Plenty of challenging trails for any skill level to keep you busy, not many people there this time of year, and gorgeous views.
I went there last march, it was awesome. Not many people is right.

OP
OP

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Most of the popular ones are all here: https://azoffroad.net/offroad-trails. The "North Phoenix" trails include ones that aren't too far from Sedona, like the DeSoto Mine Trail.

The Table Mesa area (near I-17 & Table Mesa Road exit) won't be too far south, and that has a ton of trails ranging from easy to buggy territory. There are always people and the trails branch in every direction. You can even just drive around without a plan and explore.

This book is really really good as a guide. I have it and would strongly recommend. Easy to consult when driving around. https://www.amazon.com/Guide-Arizon...p-1934838284/dp/1934838284/ref=dp_ob_title_bk
Awsome man thanks ! worst comes to worst, this will save the trip . . I'm going to just go for it.

I absolutely cannot re-schedule due to our work schedule, so its now or never.

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awsome man thanks ! worst comes to worst, this will save the trip . . I'm going to just go for it.

I absolutely cannot re-schedule due to our work schedule, so its now or never.
I'm sure you'll be just fine. The high in Sedona for the rest of the week is in the 50s, so things will melt a bit. If not, plenty of trails nearby. More than you could ever drive in a year, really.

Also, Sedona is going to look really really pretty with snow on top of the red mountains. Worth the drive for that alone.

Sponsored

Kleiss1

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD 2018 Mustang GT 6-sp.
Occupation
Retired
Table Mesa had a lot of snow on it yesterday. It shouldn’t last though. River may be up though.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Do your homework and be very careful, especially with the weather the West is having this year. Don't be the guy that gets a free Tee-shirt from Matt because you were stupid.

G.

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do your homework and be very careful, especially with the weather the West is having this year. Don't be the guy that gets a free Tee-shirt from Matt because you were stupid.

G.
No Matt in that part of Arizona. Suggest he keeps these guys in his phone: https://arizona4x4offroadrecovery.com/

Even where the snow will have completely melted by the time you arrive (such as Table Mesa), there will be mud in the low spots.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Northern Arizona is totally mudded out right now, dude. Don’t bother. It’ll be a while before things dry out. We had four storms back to back. 50 degree highs aren’t exactly going to cook the mud off anytime soon. Sorry.

Sponsored

OP
OP

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
@191185, how did your trip go?

It went very very well!

There was snow in flagstaff, but ZERO snow in Sedona. We spent 4 days there doing the trails. We did broken arrow first, it wasn't what I call "muddy" to the point where your ruining the trails, but just slightly wet in some spots .. about 80% dry.

The pink wranglers were out running non-stop, so any guilt i had of making ruts in the trail went out the window once I saw them .

The two badge of honor trails were closed, probaly because of the snow melt? But there were plenty other trails to ride to keep me busy ..

If anyone is ever in Page AZ, I highly recommend antelope canyon, its a hiking trail, a little pricey, because you need a guide (Indian reservation) but well worth it!

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It went very very well!

There was snow in flagstaff, but ZERO snow in Sedona. We spent 4 days there doing the trails. We did broken arrow first, it wasn't what I call "muddy" to the point where your ruining the trails, but just slightly wet in some spots .. about 80% dry.

The pink wranglers were out running non-stop, so any guilt i had of making ruts in the trail went out the window once I saw them .

The two badge of honor trails were closed, probaly because of the snow melt? But there were plenty other trails to ride to keep me busy ..

If anyone is ever in Page AZ, I highly recommend antelope canyon, its a hiking trail, a little pricey, because you need a guide (Indian reservation) but well worth it!
Fantastic, I'm glad the snow cleared out and you had a great time. The Arizona sun melts snow very quickly compared to the northern states.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Hello,

Is anyone near Sedona right now? I read there is a snow storm and even some highways are closed ??

I am traveling from Minnesota to Sedona this weekend for some jeep trails. Wondering if they are all closed and I need to quickly cancel my trip and figure something else out .. .

Is the snow melting fast? Is there even snow still? Trails open but extra sketchy from the snow?

Advise ? What would you do?
Call these folks here: https://sedonajeeprentals.com/

Neena Barlow owns this and she knows more about Jeeps, driving them, and wrenching them than almost anyone I know. I have wheeled with her in Moab, and in Arizona and know her well. She lives in Sedona and in Moab.
Sponsored