Sponsored

Security light stays on for 20 secs after I start the car...

markleigh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mark-leigh.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Overland 2.2 (March 19)
Occupation
Evil genius
Just started happening.
(It's the small red lamp bottom right of the rev counter).
It happens if the alarm is set or not - and stays lit (not flashing) for just over 20 seconds before going off.
No other warning lights come on and the car drives fine.
Any ideas what it means / why it happens?
Manual is no help and I left a message with the dealer to call me back (and we know how that's going to end up)
Thanks all!
Sponsored

OP
OP
markleigh

markleigh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mark-leigh.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Evil genius
Just started happening.
(It's the small red lamp bottom right of the rev counter).
It happens if the alarm is set or not - and stays lit (not flashing) for just over 20 seconds before going off.
No other warning lights come on and the car drives fine.
Any ideas what it means / why it happens?
Manual is no help and I left a message with the dealer to call me back (and we know how that's going to end up)
Thanks all!
C'mon! All this collective brain power in the Forum... someone must know what it means before my dealer gets round to it...

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
C'mon! All this collective brain power in the Forum... someone must know what it means before my dealer gets round to it...
This is a really weird issue as normally, it would stay constantly lit. Could be an issue with a number of things, but most likely something with the key and the security module. Have you tried using another key?

Maybe try disconnecting the battery and letting all the juice run out. This would reset the security module.

OP
OP
markleigh

markleigh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mark-leigh.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Evil genius
Success... well a successful diagnosis anyway.
Have been advised by technician that it signifies that one of the alarm sensors is not communicating with the alarm control. In dealer next week to check which one... and then hopefully get a replacement ordered.

So now we know.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Success... well a successful diagnosis anyway.
Have been advised by technician that it signifies that one of the alarm sensors is not communicating with the alarm control. In dealer next week to check which one... and then hopefully get a replacement ordered.

So now we know.
Hi markleigh,
We are happy to see that you've been able to pinpoint the source of your troubles! Feel free to keep us updated on the state of your repairs, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to send us a PM.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Sponsored