Sponsored

Security in a soft top.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Anyone using any form of lock boxes either in the under floor storage and or under the seats.? Is there anywhere else you ca put a lock box
Sponsored

Yeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Range Rover Turbo Diesel
It’s my understating that there isn’t enough room under the seats for the JL to install a lockbox. I think Tuffy makes one for the center console though. They also have an option for the cargo area, and a couple other manufacturers do too.

I did see a gentleman somewhere on here install locking Ammo boxes to his rear tailgate which looked pretty cool. I don’t have the thread for it off hand though.

Lincoln

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JLU, 2017 Chevy Express 2500 High Top Explorer 4x4 Conversion Van, 2011 Ford F-150, 2016 Jayco Seneca 37TS Motorhome
It’s my understating that there isn’t enough room under the seats for the JL to install a lockbox. I think Tuffy makes one for the center console though. They also have an option for the cargo area, and a couple other
I did see a gentleman somewhere on here install locking Ammo boxes to his rear tailgate which looked pretty cool. I don’t have the thread for it off hand though.
This is Lincoln and Tuffy I just leave them in my Jeep and don’t even have to lock it They think it’s there’s Only problem is a little hair flying around the inside of the Jeep

F507CB39-46C0-43C6-BA9C-917376297383.jpeg

6B290072-C0F0-4098-8E64-032A75A53A39.jpeg

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Those cute little scarves would scare me away.

Lincoln

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JLU, 2017 Chevy Express 2500 High Top Explorer 4x4 Conversion Van, 2011 Ford F-150, 2016 Jayco Seneca 37TS Motorhome
Those cute little scarves would scare me away.
Why don’t you come by and try and get in the Jeep Hope you feel like giving blood today

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Why don’t you come by and try and get in the Jeep Hope you feel like giving blood today
There was a show called Catch a Thief where a couple of ex-thieves would talk people into letting them set up cameras in their houses and told them they were going to break in some time in the next month. Really funny how dumb people are, they some times broke in while the people were there, took their property and left without the owners knowing. But they often broke in while dogs were there and the dogs just wanted to play including German Sheppards. I used to have a police trained GS that would attack if protecting me, house, car but many dogs aren't that disciplined.

Lincoln

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There was a show called Catch a Thief where a couple of ex-thieves would talk people into letting them set up cameras in their houses and told them they were going to break in some time in the next month. Really funny how dumb people are, they some times broke in while the people were there, took their property and left without the owners knowing. But they often broke in while dogs were there and the dogs just wanted to play including German Sheppards. I used to have a police trained GS that would attack if protecting me, house, car but many dogs aren't that disciplined.
We have a Schutzhund trial coming up in about a month To bad you live so far away because I would love to have you put the bite sleeve on and have the boys with the cute little scarves hit you on the bite sleeve at full speed Your welcome to come to a trial because these boys are quite well disciplined I’ve been training GSD’S for quite some time and compete with all my dogs in many forms From obedience to Schutzhund and IPO or you can just come by and try to get in my Jeep when their in it with their cute little scarves on

CE929BD0-6416-485F-85F8-A33FFB873E83.png

Lincoln

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sadly this is my attack dog lol

2753615A-91D3-419D-BF85-EFAB03ED39C4.jpeg
All dogs are good Nothing to be sad about You get the same greeting every time you get home It’s us humans that are a pain in the ass

E2170F6D-47EF-46D9-AC7B-46686F2CE821.jpeg

Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
I miss my wife's Rat Terrier - he protected me from her!

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
Anyone using any form of lock boxes either in the under floor storage and or under the seats.? Is there anywhere else you ca put a lock box
I have a large diamond plate tool chest that fits behind the seats across the back of the cargo area (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XG21MGC/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_mTHACbJ20T8YP). I use it in the summer when the Jeep has no doors or roof and I need to park it somewhere and leave tools or valuables like a camera or binoculars in the Jeep. Since I use it seasonally, I like it to be removable, so it is not bolted in. What I do instead is, in addition to locking the built in hasp, I have a chain that goes through two tie-downs under the box, up through the handles at each end, and then locks across the top. A determined thief could certainly get into it, but it would require time and tools and would make a good amount of noise, all of which makes just breaking the window on the car next to me look more attractive. Simple low cost removable solution that works perfectly.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
I took the backseat out of my JL Sport and cut two pieces of one inch flat stock, five inches long. After drilling and tapping the centers of the straps for a 3/8 bolt, I cut pieces of all-thread and screwed them into the straps. The straps just fit into the locking lugs used by the backseat. I bought an aluminum tool box at Tractor Supply and using a cardboard pattern of the cargo floor, drilled holes in the box to match the all-thread bolts.

The tool box is easily removed by removing two nuts and slipping the metal straps out. When bolted in place the box is rock solid. I also installed the Tuffy locking console box and a handgun vault box that is tethered in the right rear floor board. Between these three, I can secure quite a bit of gear.

Lincoln

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vicious looking animal. I would have to use defensive belly rubbing when entering your jeep :LOL:
The Jeep really belongs to the dogs They just let me drive them around and make the payments
Sponsored