Security Bolts for Mopar steel front bumper

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Crack heads will take anything that isn’t bolted down if they can sell it for $1. even my nice office building had several wheels stolen off cars in the parking garage.

1. I don’t live in a rough hood, but I may visit. (Also, no one thinks their hood is bad, just everyone else’s)

2. Crack heads have cars too. They can come to you.
honestly I just never realized people would steal bumpers even if they are crack heads , you know to steal a heavy bumper takes lots of labor and calories and I am not sure many so called crack heads are ready to undergo that type of exercise
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
honestly I just never realized people would steal bumpers even if they are crack heads , you know to steal a heavy bumper takes lots of labor and calories and I am not sure many so called crack heads are ready to undergo that type of exercise
:CWL:

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
A crackhead would steal a free sample.

OP
OP
ZONA.OVRLND

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Same thing I was wondering ... sounds like a move to a better neighborhood may be needed.

I live in one of the poorest states in the nation with one of the largest, per capita, off road enthusiast populations and I have never heard of a bumper being stolen.
Play again next time. Try reading the post in its entirety first. Thanks

Has nothing to do with where i live and where i park, as where i live and park i am not worried about this at all. But overall yes, I would like a bit more peace of mind knowing that there's a unique bolt holding in the grille/winch guard that has 2 kc pro 6 lights attached to it as well as a 10" kc flex led.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ZONA.OVRLND

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
wow, the location where you park your wheels must be pretty rough hood
Again, nice try. Trying reading first before responding.

Not looking for dumb responses, thanks.

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
Play again next time. Try reading the post in its entirety first. Thanks

Has nothing to do with where i live and where i park, as where i live and park i am not worried about this at all. But overall yes, I would like a bit more peace of mind knowing that there's a unique bolt holding in the grille/winch guard that has 2 kc pro 6 lights attached to it as well as a 10" kc flex led.
If I'm putting 2 - 3 THOUSAND dollars of gear on my front bumper (which we almost all do), yup, I'm looking for something to slow thieves down.

And it's not always "crackheads". Gangs actively work neighborhoods looking for anything of value - they essentially "employ" local criminals/desperates/idiots to go fetch things to sell. Redding California is known to be a target zone for trailer theft. They roll up, jump out with whatever is needed to quickly separate the trailer from the truck. Could be a torch, CO2 - whatever (thinking these guys are dumb/simple/lacking tools is a mistake), and transfer the trailer to their rig and go.

Bottom line for me is that if I can buy the tool, so can they. I just want to be a harder target than my neighbor. If a "security" nut slows them down, they skip to the next one.

If you really want to lock down your gear...weld every nut. Of course, that presents it's own issues...LOL

I'm happy to swap a couple bolts or nuts if it'll help spoil a theif's plan for an easy score at my expense. If it doesn't, I was never gonna win that round anyway...sigh. Hello, State Farm...I need to make a claim...

OP
OP
ZONA.OVRLND

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Right, it isn't really about protecting the bumper and keeping the bumper in place. For some of the dumb responses that were posted about where i live and i'm worried about my bumper being stolen - just move on and post obnoxious responses that are of no help elsewhere :swear:. Like SportsGuy was responding, it's for a bit off added security to help slow or deter any potential thieves.

I'm not even talking about the bolts that hold the bumper on, so for those responses that reference that, please use what is between your ears and read before you post and respond. As for where I park, again, I live in a good neighborhood that I have zero worry of theft at my home. Plus I park in a garage with multiple security camera's anyway, so it's not for that. It's for when I'm not at home and I have to go to a store that's outside of where I live, which is not uncommon. Or if I go on a trip and have to park my jeep overnight out in the open where I have no idea who may be lurking around there looking to steal something of value.

Overall, it's the small bolts that screw into the bumper itself on the top which will hold the accessories. More specifically, the Mopar grille/winch bar that goes up slighty above/infront of the winch/grille. That bar is held on by bolts that are just general torx screws. And if I'm attaching KC pro6 lights to that, then yes, having additional security would lower my worry a little more. So i'm just realistically asking to see if anyone knows of some time of security screws/fasteners that are not commonplace, so that when I bolt down the bar and attach the lights, they can't just unbolt the bar real quick with a general torx tool, cut the light cables and walk off with the bar and the lights. For the lights themselves, as to where i am attachign them on the bar, I already have security bolts/nuts in place to hold the lights to the mounting points themselves. I'm more worried about the bar as a whole.

To SportsGuy's post, yes I am already getting a quote for the extra accessories so that they are covered. :fist bump:
Sponsored