Sponsored

Securing MOLLE seat back panels?

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I just got my Katzkin leather installed today. When the guys went to do the installation they noticed that the OEM Molle panels on the seat backs were sliding down and off the original cloth seat-backs.

We had a first aid kit secured on one seat (maybe a pound ) and the MOPAR packs containing an air hose, gloves, and the pins to connect the Jeep to our coach (maybe two or three pounds). There doesn’t appear to anything holding the molle up on the seats! Anybody else having this problem? Any ideas on how to secure the panels so they can function as designed?
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my Katzkin leather installed today. When the guys went to do the installation they noticed that the OEM Molle panels on the seat backs were sliding down and off the original cloth seat-backs.

We had a first aid kit secured on one seat (maybe a pound ) and the MOPAR packs containing an air hose, gloves, and the pins to connect the Jeep to our coach (maybe two or three pounds). There doesn’t appear to anything holding the molle up on the seats! Anybody else having this problem? Any ideas on how to secure the panels so they can function as designed?
It's been a known issue. My golf bag would rub on the back of the seat & slid the panel down. You may have a broken retaining clip.

See #11 here... > > > Good golly Miss Molle

OP
OP
Whaler27

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
It's been a known issue. My golf bag would rub on the back of the seat & slid the panel down. You may have a broken retaining clip.

See #11 here... > > > Good golly Miss Molle
Thanks for the tip. Don’t know why the search engine didn’t find that thread when I used ”molle” as the search term.

This is the kind of crappy design feature, and resistance to acknowledge and correct it, that pushes people away from Jeep products. Frustrating.
Sponsored