Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The more I read these type of post's the more I'm glad I went with the anemic, but dependable, 3.6.
I have a Sahara with 33” tires: I don’t find the 3.6 V6 anemic. Especially not with the 8-speed automatic.
Sponsored

OP
OP
D90John

D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
New 2020 JLUR diesel. Now we are on the way to Moab and 1400 miles from home. Electric throttle problem and turbo problem. Dealers in Idaho, then two dealers in Utah. Currently in Brigham city Jeep awaiting another diagnosis. Third night camped in a Jeep dealers parking lot. Fun.

BA4C1E37-5529-49D5-9F3D-D39DE042ADDF.jpeg
Well, I was ask to keep the forum informed as to how our Moab trip is going...We are currently in Brigham City Utah with a blown turbo and 1200 miles from home. The good news is that the replacement turbo will be here this coming Thursday. Great way to spend your first anniversary. Stay tuned for more adventures of June and John!

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Well, I was ask to keep the forum informed as to how our Moab trip is going...We are currently in Brigham City Utah with a blown turbo and 1200 miles from home. The good news is that the replacement turbo will be here this coming Thursday. Great way to spend your first anniversary. Stay tuned for more adventures of June and John!
Yikes. Sorry bro.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Man, that’s terrible. I feel bad for you.

take the bride out to the best restaurant in town... it doesn’t matter if its Chateau Nerf de Pui-Po or an all you can eat surf and turf. Take some selfies. In 35 years you two will look back and laugh and likely remember that dinner more than most.

best of luck!

Sponsored

OP
OP
D90John

D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Man, that’s terrible. I feel bad for you.

take the bride out to the best restaurant in town... it doesn’t matter if its Chateau Nerf de Pui-Po or an all you can eat surf and turf. Take some selfies. In 35 years you two will look back and laugh and likely remember that dinner more than most.

best of luck!
We are taking it all in stride. As we are both over 70!! It’s part of the adventure for sure. But you can bet I will treat her right

SimianHacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
We are taking it all in stride. As we are both over 70!! It’s part of the adventure for sure. But you can bet I will treat her right
I've found with almost anything camping related, this is the only mindset that doesn't leave you frustrated. We just got back from a 13 day trip in our RV. Lots of shit went wrong that could have ruined our trip. We took it in stride and focused on the overall experience, spending time and figuring things out together. Beats sitting at home watching TV and ignoring each other on the couch.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I've found with almost anything camping related, this is the only mindset that doesn't leave you frustrated. We just got back from a 13 day trip in our RV. Lots of shit went wrong that could have ruined our trip. We took it in stride and focused on the overall experience, spending time and figuring things out together. Beats sitting at home watching TV and ignoring each other on the couch.
So instead you watched TV on your couch in your RV and ignored each other? I guess that‘s better? (I’m kidding you)

SimianHacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
So instead you watched TV on your couch in your RV and ignored each other? I guess that‘s better? (I’m kidding you)
Ha Ha! We have 4 TV's in the RV and they've never been turned on. It's the standard option and you can't buy a high-end RV without them.

Sponsored

ctJLnewbie

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Audi TT '10 Audi S5 '12 BMW X5d '17 Ibis RipleyLS '18 Wrangler JL
that's pretty amazing. If they give you more details on why it blew please update the thread. That's something that just shouldn't happen unless you had no oil in it, or you were full throttle for 2 hours and then just turned it off.

All of my turbo cars have taken serious abuse and lasted >100,000 miles, and we've still got a 2002 Audi TT with 176,000 miles, original clutch and original turbo.

Hopefully you get back on the trail soon and this is simply a freak experience.

OP
OP
D90John

D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
that's pretty amazing. If they give you more details on why it blew please update the thread. That's something that just shouldn't happen unless you had no oil in it, or you were full throttle for 2 hours and then just turned it off.

All of my turbo cars have taken serious abuse and lasted >100,000 miles, and we've still got a 2002 Audi TT with 176,000 miles, original clutch and original turbo.

Hopefully you get back on the trail soon and this is simply a freak experience.
I will be driving my wife home in a furnished rental and drive back (2400 mile round trip) when they give me the green light. Most dealers have never sold or even seen an ecodiesel much less worked on them. I did tow a 1600 pound trailer between 70-75 mph but no abuse. I will be asking questions when I pick it up and share with the forum. Honestly, you guys help keep me Sain when things go south- thanks

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you should trade it back, then.
I agree with you, that 3.6L with teh 8 speed tranny is great. My wife has 37" tires and still running 4.10 gears and I can break the rear loose with ease if I want. It's a rocket ship. In my Jeep I have teh 6 speed manual and that thing paired to the engine is meh.
Sponsored