Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Hi Shawn
Great suggestion! I think the door nets are one of my least favorite parts of my new Jeep. I'll check this out!
Happy New Year
Jeff
I agree… the nets suck. I have the Overland saddle bags and love them. I have these door panel pockets on my list but need to recover from Xmas!

TamTam

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Earl Grey JLURXR
Occupation
Medically retired
Hi Tammy
I just picked up a cheap 12,000lb winch at Harbor Freight. Very nice of you to suggest this winch. I had a friend recommend the HF winch so hopefully it works out for me.
Happy New Year!
Jeff
Hi Jeff,
You’re welcome. I’ve heard those are also nice winches. Is it a synthetic line? Just wondering.
Happy New Year to you too!
~Tammy

OP
OP
MeatRack

MeatRack

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 2023 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hi Jeff,
You’re welcome. I’ve heard those are also nice winches. Is it a synthetic line? Just wondering.
Happy New Year to you too!
~Tammy
Yes I got the synthetic line. Now I just need my bumper to arrive!

Sponsored

OP
OP
MeatRack

MeatRack

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 2023 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Had a great day out on North Fork Rd (a forest trail basically) outside of North Bend WA with @hickinwa and my buddy Mike. Got up to about 2,000 feet. There was some left over snow in the clearings at the 1,500+ foot level and lots of ruts and small puddles in the road. There was of course 2 large puddles that we just had to traverse. Mike got out his drone and captured some great video. Of course he had to add a soundtrack just for me.

The Earl color really didn't show nearly as much mud as JR's Black or Mike's Granite. Gosh knows I tried to get her dirty.

20230102_115802.jpg

G-52

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR, 2022 Mini JCW
Hello Jeff,
Andy here; just saw your build thread and was drawn to it for obvious reasons:) Congrats on a beautiful Jeep! I was fortunate to buy mine off the lot 50 miles from home in the Denver area. It was listed on Autotrader but not on the dealers website. Random late night internet search (3 weeks ago) and I bought the next day. Turned out the person who ordered it didn’t purchase. Always thought I wanted a Jeep, but never got serious. The Earl paint and XR package pushed me (way) over the edge. Drove 3000 miles round trip to Ohio over the holidays and it did great. Mine is the 2.0. Looking forward to seeing your bumper(s); I‘ll probably add a stubby front and LED headlights at some point, not in any hurry though as I am really happy with mine as is. Hope you don’t mind a pic on your thread. Best regards:)
Jeep Wrangler JL Seattle 2023 Earl JLUR XR Build B8508230-D64D-4CD4-99FC-9A078304BD9A

OP
OP
MeatRack

MeatRack

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 2023 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hello Jeff,
Andy here; just saw your build thread and was drawn to it for obvious reasons:) Congrats on a beautiful Jeep! I was fortunate to buy mine off the lot 50 miles from home in the Denver area. It was listed on Autotrader but not on the dealers website. Random late night internet search (3 weeks ago) and I bought the next day. Turned out the person who ordered it didn’t purchase. Always thought I wanted a Jeep, but never got serious. The Earl paint and XR package pushed me (way) over the edge. Drove 3000 miles round trip to Ohio over the holidays and it did great. Mine is the 2.0. Looking forward to seeing your bumper(s); I‘ll probably add a stubby front and LED headlights at some point, not in any hurry though as I am really happy with mine as is. Hope you don’t mind a pic on your thread. Best regards:)
Hi Andy
That is an awesome story! I love your Jeep and the picture on my thread, thanks for sharing! Very cool that you could find a Jeep you love on a lot. I just got back 10 min ago from buying some used LOD Armor Lite side steps/rock rails from a really kind gentleman on the forum. I'll post pictures before, after and during installation of the front bumper, rock rails and Rokblokz mud flaps. Don't hesitate to reach out and if you have a build thread I would love to follow it!
Cheers
Jeff

OP
OP
MeatRack

MeatRack

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 2023 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Got my new front bumper today! The box is h-e-a-v-y! I can't wait to put it on. I can't this weekend as we have family commitments. Next weekend!! I might try tackling installing the side steps during a weeknight.

Jeep Wrangler JL Seattle 2023 Earl JLUR XR Build 20230106_114458

Sponsored

OP
OP
MeatRack

MeatRack

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 2023 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I was able to purchase some LOD Armor Lite Steps/Sliders from a forum member last week (thanks @RubiCoug). I couldn't install them over the weekend with family stuff going on but I did to a Sunday night passenger and Monday night driver install. Took 2 hours for the passenger side as it was learn by doing. It was very easy but I was slow. Tonight (Monday) I was able to get the driver side on in less than an hour so I had time to futz with my Rokblokz mud flaps. i got the fronts on. Again, a learning curve on one side and super fast on the other. I tried installing the rears too but there was an issue with a piece of plastic not wanting to fit. I need to go back and rewatch the video. I'm wondering if the plastic was updated a little bit for 2023. Probably not, probably just me. Anyway, here are some install pics.

EDIT: Went and looked at the online install guide and it said you can leave the small, lower plastic wheel well liner off or you can notch it. I missed that part in the install video. Maybe I'm not quite as big an idiot as I first thought. I'll reinstall the rear mud flaps tomorrow. It will take 10 min. I'll notch the plastic inserts later.

Jeep Wrangler JL Seattle 2023 Earl JLUR XR Build 20230108_172459

Jeep Wrangler JL Seattle 2023 Earl JLUR XR Build 20230108_193652

Jeep Wrangler JL Seattle 2023 Earl JLUR XR Build 20230109_203426

Jeep Wrangler JL Seattle 2023 Earl JLUR XR Build 20230108_211836

Jeep Wrangler JL Seattle 2023 Earl JLUR XR Build 20230109_195829

Last edited:

BajaJmac

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon XR
Occupation
Software Engineer
I love how you wasted absolutely no time getting the mods on! Love the progress so far and cannot wait to see the progression!

OP
OP
MeatRack

MeatRack

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 2023 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I love how you wasted absolutely no time getting the mods on! Love the progress so far and cannot wait to see the progression!

Ain't that the truth! Looks great!
Ha ha! Boy I don't feel fast. There are so many awesome wrenchers on the forum and I'm not one of them.

There is a bumper and winch just taking up space in the garage where the Christmas decorations go! It's hard to walk by them on my way in and out without feeling Jeep guilt. It should be a win-win to install Jeep parts and keep the wife happy with taking down outside lights and making space in the garage so maybe this weekend.

When I picked up the steps at @RubiCoug 's house, I had serious Garage Envy. It was beautiful workspace. My garage often feels like a junk pile. At least we can fit 2 vehicles inside!

BajaJmac

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon XR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Ha ha! Boy I don't feel fast. There are so many awesome wrenchers on the forum and I'm not one of them.

There is a bumper and winch just taking up space in the garage where the Christmas decorations go! It's hard to walk by them on my way in and out without feeling Jeep guilt. It should be a win-win to install Jeep parts and keep the wife happy with taking down outside lights and making space in the garage so maybe this weekend.

When I picked up the steps at @RubiCoug 's house, I had serious Garage Envy. It was beautiful workspace. My garage often feels like a junk pile. At least we can fit 2 vehicles inside!
Well, at least you can fit 2 cars in your garage lol. We have a single car garage... however, we are on 5 acres so there is plenty of open space around to store vehicles. I've always wanted a shop garage, but never seem to have the funds to fund that desire... because what good is a shop without big tool boxes (for storage obviously wink) or a post lift for easy vehicle diagnostics?? LOL.
Sponsored