Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Cost me $700. The seats should come from the factory like this. They are super comfy now. We have a guy local to us that does custom upholstery work. Peaple bring him cars from all over the place for him to work on. I asked him what it would cost to make my seats better. He said that he take them apart and add memory foam and rework them. He did the work in one day. I dropped it off in the morning and picked it up late afternoon.

You know what the stock seats look like. This is what the reworked seats look like they are all puffy and fat.

Jeep Wrangler JL Seat In My JLUR Upgraded. 1637238058075

Jeep Wrangler JL Seat In My JLUR Upgraded. 1637238096939

We debated about having this done. While driving home from Kentucky last Sunday, during our 7 hour drive, we decided to get it done. I am very happy with the outcome. The $700 was for the two front seats. I do not have the rear seats in my JLUR.
Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!! Those look super comfy!

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
If anyone deserves some comfy seats, it's certainly y'all. Be interesting to hear how you like it, probably wouldn't be too bad of a DIY if some guys are having comfort issues with theirs.

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Cost me $700. The seats should come from the factory like this. They are super comfy now. We have a guy local to us that does custom upholstery work. Peaple bring him cars from all over the place for him to work on. I asked him what it would cost to make my seats better. He said that he take them apart and add memory foam and rework them. He did the work in one day. I dropped it off in the morning and picked it up late afternoon.

You know what the stock seats look like. This is what the reworked seats look like they are all puffy and fat.

We debated about having this done. While driving home from Kentucky last Sunday, during our 7 hour drive, we decided to get it done. I am very happy with the outcome. The $700 was for the two front seats. I do not have the rear seats in my JLUR.
Funny, just had this done on my wifes GX 460. So much better for long trips now.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
What did you do? How does it look without them?
You gotta dig into all of @wibornz's threads. Not only is his jeep fully built, they've taken it all over the country (continent?) wheeling it.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR

looks good. does the new foam lift you up in the seat at all ? yes the seats suck, but, my issue is the side bolster on the bottom hits my right hip and pushes on it and over time it becomes sore so im wondering if this helps eliminate that. That or i may eventually just need to shave that part....

Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
looks good. does the new foam lift you up in the seat at all ? yes the seats suck, but, my issue is the side bolster on the bottom hits my right hip and pushes on it and over time it becomes sore so im wondering if this helps eliminate that. That or i may eventually just need to shave that part....
It does pick me up some as there is a lot more cushion in the seats. The seat does cradle me more than the stock seat. The best way I can describe it is the seat is more plush now. It is kind of like sitting in luxury car type seat.

So the guy that did my work, also made my motorcycle seats in the past. He would cut the foam and build the seat, send the seat home with me and I would put it back on the bike and then I would provide feedback to him and he would make it specific to how I wanted it based off my feedback before he would add the covering of my choice. I assume if asked he would do the same thing for my Jeep seat, I just didn't ask. I told hime put the best cushion and most that he could fit in with the stock seat cover and it worked well. I have put about 50 miles on the Jeep so far and I am pleased. Even better yet, my wife is pleased. It will make long travel days in the Jeep more enjoyable.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
The irony in seating is that, if the seat fits, a harder seat can be more comfortable. I have a 20-year-old Corvette that I replaced the stock seats with fixed back racing seats with minimal cushioning (I am cheap). I thought my old back would complain, but they improved the driving experience tremendously and comfortably. I think they just fit me better.

When I went to a hard seat for my bicycle, I had to go through a few before I found one that fit my 455. You'd think a hard seat would be murder - and they are, when they don't fit - but when they do fit? So comfy.

I think using memory foam makes a big difference, too (that's what my racing seats have). They mold better to the body and support the back and butt better?
Sponsored