Seat Height Adjuster

Senator71

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
I've never seen anyone else complain about this, so maybe it's just me, but every time I get into the car I seem to lower the seat one notch but leaning on the seat height adjuster. Does anyone else find this problem? I'm pretty mobile so I don't think it's a mobility problem. If anyone else has had this problem, have they found a fix?

Thanks
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
So you're leaning on the adjuster and this lowers it? So, I'm confused. Why do you lean on it if mobility is not the issue? Isn't it working as designed? Anyway, sorry I don't have this issue but someone might have a suggestion other than "don't do that":like:

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Can you please explain in more detail or send a picture? Not sure of what you mean.

OP
OP
Senator71

Senator71

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
So you're leaning on the adjuster and this lowers it? So, I'm confused. Why do you lean on it if mobility is not the issue? Isn't it working as designed? Anyway, sorry I don't have this issue but someone might have a suggestion other than "don't do that":like:
Generally as I slide into the seat, I seem to knock the height adjuster on the side, unless I use the side steps and sort of step over the side of the seat. I'm 47 years old, 5'9" and in reasonably good shape, so I don't think it's because I'm a 450lb guy who has to lever myself into the seat and crushes the seat, but I always seem to knock the lever down a notch as I get in.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Generally as I slide into the seat, I seem to knock the height adjuster on the side, unless I use the side steps and sort of step over the side of the seat. I'm 47 years old, 5'9" and in reasonably good shape, so I don't think it's because I'm a 450lb guy who has to lever myself into the seat and crushes the seat, but I always seem to knock the lever down a notch as I get in.
Which seats do you have (leather/cloth)? I'm a pretty big guy myself with leather seats and the height adjustment lever is nowhere near where I could bump it with my big a$$ when I slide in.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Do you have someone else that can try getting in the seat like you do? It may very well be a malfunction if you can reproduce the same thing no matter who is in the seat. I'd try that and if it does seem to slip, then I'd take it to the dealer. Good luck:like:

OP
OP
Senator71

Senator71

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Which seats do you have (leather/cloth)? I'm a pretty big guy myself with leather seats and the height adjustment lever is nowhere near where I could bump it with my big a$$ when I slide in.
Mine are cloth. I'll post a picture. I meant to say it's NOT like I'm 450lbs!!! Not that I have anything against people who are!

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
I have the same problem. Became cognizant of it the other day. It’s not the entering of the vehicle, it’s the exiting of the vehicle where I brush against the lever and lower the seat.

Short of removing the lever, I can’t think of a solution. I’m 5’8 and pretty coordinated

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. It's not a problem when I get in because I tend to "hop" in. However, when I get out, I open the door, swivel my body towards the door, take my left leg out and reach for the ground. Once my left leg has found the ground, I slide my ass across the seat and that's when the lever gets depressed. I don't care because I keep the lever all the way down anyways, but it's very annoying. Just a bad design.
Sponsored