Sponsored

seat heater wiring question…

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
i’d like to put a light under the hood as well as some seat heaters in the back seats. it looks like these items have an in line fuse.

1. why do all the seat heater videos have you connect the wire to the fuse box if it already has an in line fuse?
2. i’m guessing you can trust the piggy back wiring to the fuse that some manufacturers use?
3. are there typically open slots in a fuse box to accommodate wiring new things? i already have front seat heaters and i’m asking in reference to back seat heaters.
4. has anyone done this?
Sponsored

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
i’d like to put a light under the hood as well as some seat heaters in the back seats. it looks like these items have an in line fuse.

1. why do all the seat heater videos have you connect the wire to the fuse box if it already has an in line fuse?
2. i’m guessing you can trust the piggy back wiring to the fuse that some manufacturers use?
3. are there typically open slots in a fuse box to accommodate wiring new things? i already have front seat heaters and i’m asking in reference to back seat heaters.
4. has anyone done this?
It’s up to you how difficult you wanna make it, but I did rear seat heaters and I tapped my power from the center console power plug.

OP
OP

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
Rhinebeck01,
perfect. i believe i saw this before but had trouble finding it again. that’s a big help. thanks so much!

OP
OP

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
tatarin,
makes sense. thank you!
Sponsored