Sponsored

Seat fold down lever broke

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
To a certain degree we all have our Federal government to blame for these kinds of headaches in our lives. The more government dictates fuel economy the more car parts are made to be as light (flimsy) as possible to keep the weight down.

I can remember when the rear seat backs of my SUVs were steel to make for a truly useful cargo area when the seats folded down. Now, a Suburban is hardly useful for the way it was originally designed.

Stop for a minute to think about all the ways our lives are negatively affected by government regulations.
While I agree the government has made vehicle development annoyingly complicated, FCA's parts aren't shitty because of that. Chrysler has been cheaping out on parts when they started circling the drain back in the late 2000's and Fiat joining the mix only added more shit to an existing pile of shit.
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I agree with both of you guys @Wanderingwheelz @Spank ... Maybe FCA needs to let a family of 3+ kids and 2+ dogs drive prototypes and put them thru the daily family stress test. Then we could see what is built sturdy and what is flimsy and needs redesigned.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry about Hillary, buddy. :(
I'm am something far from her, an intelligent conservative because I do recognize there needs to be some controls to keep us alive. Good luck on your Darwin nomination.

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Would be cool if someone started machining these out of aluminum.
It doesn't need to be aluminum, just better engineered. A little thicker plastic or a different type of plastic will take care of the problem.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how Toyota manages to build a Yaris for 15K without it falling apart? Magic...
Continuing with gifs ...

Toyota. It must be witchcraft ...

upload_2019-1-18_21-49-33.gif

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
:idea: As a preventative measure, spray some silicone or lithium lubricant on the release mechanism so you won't have to pull so hard on the lever.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
I didn’t break mine. Own 2 JLs. Don’t care about the material for an upgrade. Just want a no-fail solution.

bellts

First Name
Timmy!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS 3.6l, Manual (Timmychanga)
Occupation
Software Engineer (of sorts),

Sponsored

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
The latch on my console broke today. 740 miles on the odometer
This happened to me too! Brought in the Jeep to have it checked the Thursday before Christmas, still waiting for the part to arrive at the dealer... :mad:

brewdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram; 2014 T&C
Jeep Gladiator video shows rear seat back being lowered by pulling a strap--wonder why this was not also included in the 2019 JL.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I'm am something far from her, an intelligent conservative because I do recognize there needs to be some controls to keep us alive. Good luck on your Darwin nomination.
An intelligent human of any persuasion has got to know that safety glass, seat belts, air bags and pollution?!? are not government regulations.

Last edited:

OceanBlues

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
While I agree the government has made vehicle development annoyingly complicated, FCA's parts aren't shitty because of that. Chrysler has been cheaping out on parts when they started circling the drain back in the late 2000's and Fiat joining the mix only added more shit to an existing pile of shit.
Highly agree. Used to work for FCA. The Wrangler is the only vehicle I'll buy from them, and even then I understand it is still a Chrysler.
Sponsored