Seat fold down lever broke

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Would be cool if someone started machining these out of aluminum.
That is actually a good idea. I'm sure if someone collected all of the posts with pictures of this problem occurring, and got it in the view of a Jeep accessories manufacturer, something could happen.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Onward4x4

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase
Treat that pull like it’s an irreplaceable family heirloom. Gentle. Gentle.

upload_2019-1-18_16-55-59.gif
Jeep and gentle is a bit of an oxymoron... but yes... gentle!

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
From the other thread on this. One persons experience ...

The dealership actually broke mine when they were installing an upgrade... waited 2 weeks for the part and will be in the shop 4 hrs next week and I’m getting a loaner for the day

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
The latch on my console broke today. 740 miles on the odometer

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Eh, the vehicle price is irrelevant. It shouldn't happen in any vehicle at all. Ever.
To a certain degree we all have our Federal government to blame for these kinds of headaches in our lives. The more government dictates fuel economy the more car parts are made to be as light (flimsy) as possible to keep the weight down.

I can remember when the rear seat backs of my SUVs were steel to make for a truly useful cargo area when the seats folded down. Now, a Suburban is hardly useful for the way it was originally designed.

Stop for a minute to think about all the ways our lives are negatively affected by government regulations.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
To a certain degree we all have our Federal government to blame for these kinds of headaches in our lives. The more government dictates fuel economy the more car parts are made to be as light (flimsy) as possible to keep the weight down.

I can remember when the rear seat backs of my SUVs were steel to make for a truly useful cargo area when the seats folded down. Now, a Suburban is hardly useful for the way it was originally designed.

Stop for a minute to think about all the ways our lives are negatively affected by government regulations.
Yeah, those damn regulations, like safety glass, seat belts, air bags, pollution. Here's a good idea, move to Afghanistan. No federal requirements there.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Yeah, those damn regulations, like safety glass, seat belts, air bags, pollution. Here's a good idea, move to Afghanistan. No federal requirements there.
Lighten up Francis.

JoeBelt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I wonder how Toyota manages to build a Yaris for 15K without it falling apart? Magic...

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder how Toyota manages to build a Yaris for 15K without it falling apart? Magic...
Ask my neighbor that since she just walked outside and her brand new Yaris rear bumper was laying on the ground in the garage. Literally just fell off.

JoeBelt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ask my neighbor that since she just walked outside and her brand new Yaris rear bumper was laying on the ground in the garage. Literally just fell off.
I once had a girlfriend who told me the same thing. I had a new Acura TSX and came home to find the front bumper hanging off the car. “It just fell off! I didn’t drive it! It did it by itself!” Car probably saved me from a future divorce.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I once had a girlfriend who told me the same thing. I had a new Acura TSX and came home to find the front bumper hanging off the car. “It just fell off! I didn’t drive it! It did it by itself!” Car probably saved me from a future divorce.
LOL
Yeah unfortunately this Yaris is a piece of crap. This lady never drives it and interior parts just fall off of it. The bumper wasn’t the only thing. This crap happens and it sucks. But it happens. The real answer is how it’s handled by the dealer.
Sponsored