Sponsored

Seat Cover Suggestions?

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Which model of Covercraft Carhartt are those? Covercraft makes both "Precision Fit" and "SeatSaver" in the Carhartt seat covers. Precision fit are like $100 more than the SeatSavers.
I bought the Carhartt , after comparing the weight given in the specifications description. Heavier weight is usually more durable fabric ( my dogs have proven this).
The Carhartt are more " tailored " as noted earlier as well.
Love that Canvas Aroma !
Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Make sure there's provisions for the side airbags:

20210322_150501.jpg

I really like these Covercraft Carhartt ones. They normally fit better than in the photo; I was running wires. That flap tucks in and is not noticeable at all.

They are the same cotton duck as the jackets and coats, and breathe well together with my cloth seats, but have a Durable Water Repellant coating like Scotch Guard, so water beads off them.

Wraps the whole seat in one piece, so it will cover the back pocket, but has its own pocket there. It even has rivits for it!
It looks like you have the rear seat covers too. Do you recall if there was velcro or buckles holding the covers in place? Every Covercraft seat cover I've bought uses buckles, so I'm just checking. I just installed Bestop seat covers in the rear because for my dog but I'm not a fan of the velcro they used if I'm going to be taking these off occasionally to clean them. Do you have any pictures of the rear?

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
It looks like you have the rear seat covers too. Do you recall if there was velcro or buckles holding the covers in place? Every Covercraft seat cover I've bought uses buckles, so I'm just checking. I just installed Bestop seat covers in the rear because for my dog but I'm not a fan of the velcro they used if I'm going to be taking these off occasionally to clean them. Do you have any pictures of the rear?
I couldn't remember, so went to look.

The fronts have a buckle for the seat, but I don't use it. It has Velcro along the bottom and sides of the backrest:

Front passenger. Rivets!
Jeep Wrangler JL Seat Cover Suggestions? 20210602_141957

The black straps are for something else.

60% side, folded partway:
Jeep Wrangler JL Seat Cover Suggestions? 20210602_141010

The cover Velcros to itself at the bottom corners, not to the seat.

60% seat back corner:
Jeep Wrangler JL Seat Cover Suggestions? 20210602_141102

It doesn't cover a wee stick-out bit of the corner.

Two buckles/straps on the 60% side:
Jeep Wrangler JL Seat Cover Suggestions? 20210602_141130

Hope this helps.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
It does. So much, that I just placed an order from Quadratec. Ordered the front and back Carhartts for my 2-door. Thanks for posting the pics!
FYI, mine is a four-door, so your rear seats are different. I'd imagine the design is something similar though.

Hope you like them!

Sponsored

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I love the look and fit/finish of the PRP seat covers. I give the manufacturer a lot of credit for putting together a quality product. My only hang up--and frankly the only reason I haven't bought them to cover my cloth seats--is the damned huge PRP label they stitch to the back of the headrests on the covers. Sample pic below.

I am told from people who asked the company directly if they could order covers without that label, that it's non-negotiable by the company. Unfortunate.

I understand PRP wants to get the credit for the product they are proud of (and a little free advertisement) but a small label somewhere will do. Most companies have a tiny one along the seat stitch seams, like a pillow does. Why have a gigantic placard type thing on the back of the headrests? You can see they already have one label on the shoulder bolster.

If it was a decal that could be taken off at buyer's option, then fine, but I understand its is stitched, so if you remove it the stitch marks will still be there. I think PRP could sell a ton more of these covers it they corrected that single issue.

1622385930632.png
I posted somewhere else but if you don't like that promo on the back of the headrest and are worried about the stitching holes, you could always remove the rubber patch and add some velcro on the back in its place. Then, you can always add whatever patch you want or it wouldn't look bad without. Something like this: https://smile.amazon.com/Ogrmar-Tactica-American-Embroidered-Military/dp/B073TVB2Q5/ref=sr_1_25?crid=1J1W2NM8EDG34&dchild=1&keywords=velcro+flag+patch&qid=1622676436&sprefix=velcro+flag,aps,218&sr=8-25

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy new seat covers for my JL sport and would love some suggestions.

Last Spring, I bought the quadratec Diver Down covers and I absolutely hate them...between the swamp-ass from the neoprene and the yellow not matching the Jeep, they went in the trash at the end of the summer.

I only need covers for the front 2 seats, as the back seats are out.

I was looking at the PRP custom seats, I could get them in a Vinyl/Cordura mix, but I'd like to know if there's a cheaper viable option that will hold up for a summer.
Lol. Swamp ass. Been there done that. I won’t have another set of neoprene seat covers.

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I installed the Bartacts on my 2008 and now my new jeep. Can't beat them. Love them and how functional they are....

Deleted member 53226

I posted somewhere else but if you don't like that promo on the back of the headrest and are worried about the stitching holes, you could always remove the rubber patch and add some velcro on the back in its place. Then, you can always add whatever patch you want or it wouldn't look bad without. Something like this: https://smile.amazon.com/Ogrmar-Tactica-American-Embroidered-Military/dp/B073TVB2Q5/ref=sr_1_25?crid=1J1W2NM8EDG34&dchild=1&keywords=velcro+flag+patch&qid=1622676436&sprefix=velcro+flag,aps,218&sr=8-25
Thanks, that's a really good idea and probbaly the best way to hide the stitch marks.

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
All the SmittyBilts are Neoprene as well, right?

Do you think that PRP is worth the money? I don't mind paying for quality, I'd just hate to have a repeat of last year.
I went with Marathon seat covers. They're custom fitted and easy to install. Cordura material. But mine are for outdoors, not looks.

20201202_141512.jpg

20201202_141321.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
fknMeow

fknMeow

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6SPD /20 Wrangler JL Sport (6spd) - Sold
I put on PRP custom covers in grey tweed fabric. Really heavy duty and tight fitting....so tight it was easier to remove the seats from the vehicle and install the covers with the seats on my workbench. I'm really happy with the fit and finish, they look like they are OEM.
IMG_8456.jpg
I really like those. I almost went with PRP last summer, but the lead time really makes me hesitate...and now I've put it off for long enough that the wait isn't even an option. I spend a lot of time in the mountains during the summer, and while the girlfriend usually drives up her Cherokee, I still have to deal with my other asshole all muddy on the passenger seat:
Jeep Wrangler JL Seat Cover Suggestions? 20210220_115226

OP
OP
fknMeow

fknMeow

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with Marathon seat covers. They're custom fitted and easy to install. Cordura material. But mine are for outdoors, not looks.

I'm going to look into those, I'm definitely a function over looks guy...I hope they make them in black or solid colors...after 10 years in the army, I refuse to buy anything remotely camo-themed 😂

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to look into those, I'm definitely a function over looks guy...I hope they make them in black or solid colors...after 10 years in the army, I refuse to buy anything remotely camo-themed 😂
I have straight black on my 2020 GMC Duramax

OP
OP
fknMeow

fknMeow

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have straight black on my 2020 GMC Duramax
Yeah, I ended up ordering a set last night. Thanks to everyone for laying out my options!

ecnrsfm_3hnds

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Make sure there's provisions for the side airbags:

I really like these Covercraft Carhartt ones. They normally fit better than in the photo; I was running wires. That flap tucks in and is not noticeable at all.

They are the same cotton duck as the jackets and coats, and breathe well together with my cloth seats, but have a Durable Water Repellant coating like Scotch Guard, so water beads off them.

Wraps the whole seat in one piece, so it will cover the back pocket, but has its own pocket there. It even has rivits for it!
do you have heated seats? How do the covers impact the heat? Thanks!
Sponsored