Seat Cover Suggestions?

fknMeow

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6SPD /20 Wrangler JL Sport (6spd) - Sold
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy new seat covers for my JL sport and would love some suggestions.

Last Spring, I bought the quadratec Diver Down covers and I absolutely hate them...between the swamp-ass from the neoprene and the yellow not matching the Jeep, they went in the trash at the end of the summer.

I only need covers for the front 2 seats, as the back seats are out.

I was looking at the PRP custom seats, I could get them in a Vinyl/Cordura mix, but I'd like to know if there's a cheaper viable option that will hold up for a summer.
Sponsored

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
I have SB's in my JT, like them (months) so far.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I also currently have a set of SmittyBilts in my JLU. I will be swapping them out for a custom set of PRPs once they finally ship. I’m going on week 9 since ordering.

Bartact, PRP, Smitty, Diver Down, Rough Country, Cover Craft to name a few, all make covers of differing quality and cost.

OP
OP
fknMeow

fknMeow

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6SPD /20 Wrangler JL Sport (6spd) - Sold
I also currently have a set of SmittyBilts in my JLU. I will be swapping them out for a custom set of PRPs once they finally ship. I’m going on week 9 since ordering.

Bartact, PRP, Smitty, Diver Down, Rough Country, Cover Craft to name a few, all make covers of differing quality and cost.
All the SmittyBilts are Neoprene as well, right?

Do you think that PRP is worth the money? I don't mind paying for quality, I'd just hate to have a repeat of last year.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

All the SmittyBilts are Neoprene as well, right?
The ones I have are.

Do you think that PRP is worth the money?
I do. I haven’t seen anyone else offering anything similar. There’s always the custom leather option, like Katzkin, but that gets even more expensive. Plus, you then have to worry about caring for leather as opposed the the vinyl or other material (depending on what you ordered) of the PRPs.

Sponsored

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Make sure there's provisions for the side airbags:

Jeep Wrangler JL Seat Cover Suggestions? 20210322_150501

I really like these Covercraft Carhartt ones. They normally fit better than in the photo; I was running wires. That flap tucks in and is not noticeable at all.

They are the same cotton duck as the jackets and coats, and breathe well together with my cloth seats, but have a Durable Water Repellant coating like Scotch Guard, so water beads off them.

Wraps the whole seat in one piece, so it will cover the back pocket, but has its own pocket there. It even has rivits for it!

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Make sure there's provisions for the side airbags:

Jeep Wrangler JL Seat Cover Suggestions? 20210322_150501

I really like these Covercraft Carhartt ones. They normally fit better than in the photo; I was running wires. That flap tucks in and is not noticeable at all.

They are the same cotton duck as the jackets and coats, and breathe well together with my cloth seats, but have a Durable Water Repellant coating like Scotch Guard, so water beads off them.

Wraps the whole seat in one piece, so it will cover the back pocket, but has its own pocket there. It even has rivits for it!
Which model of Covercraft Carhartt are those? Covercraft makes both "Precision Fit" and "SeatSaver" in the Carhartt seat covers. Precision fit are like $100 more than the SeatSavers.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Its pretty hard to beat Bartact for function and quality. They aren't the easiest to install, but fit amazing once on and they last a long time. Some of the military colors fade with sun, but the majority of their colors do not fade w/ sun exposure. Their standard material and word is leather is in the near future, color and stitching customization choices.

I'd put PRP second. A lot easier to install, nice build quality, but material quality is not quite as nice as bartact. PRP has a lot more selection in materials and customization options.

travvaller

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy new seat covers for my JL sport and would love some suggestions.

Last Spring, I bought the quadratec Diver Down covers and I absolutely hate them...between the swamp-ass from the neoprene and the yellow not matching the Jeep, they went in the trash at the end of the summer.

I only need covers for the front 2 seats, as the back seats are out.

I was looking at the PRP custom seats, I could get them in a Vinyl/Cordura mix, but I'd like to know if there's a cheaper viable option that will hold up for a summer.

katzkin leather seat covers...putbur back seat back in...u wont regret how good it looks covered in ur choice of colored leather...

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I put on PRP custom covers in grey tweed fabric. Really heavy duty and tight fitting....so tight it was easier to remove the seats from the vehicle and install the covers with the seats on my workbench. I'm really happy with the fit and finish, they look like they are OEM.
Jeep Wrangler JL Seat Cover Suggestions? IMG_8456

Sponsored

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Which model of Covercraft Carhartt are those? Covercraft makes both "Precision Fit" and "SeatSaver" in the Carhartt seat covers. Precision fit are like $100 more than the SeatSavers.
Sorry, I don't exactly remember, as I got them a while ago. I don't remember there being options when I got them. I'm cheap, so it's probably the cheaper ones.

I generally search, or wait, for prices that I'm happy with, then try to forget what I paid as quickly as possible.

I just did a quick search, and from the images, it seems like the "Precision Fit" version has some additional darting to fix some hammock effect.

In my experience, seats and seat covers will both eventually accommodate your "needs" after breaking in, so I'd get the cheaper one. Fewer seams to worry about as well.

Still happy with mine after almost two years.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Another vote for Bartact. I had them in my JK and loved them. Great quality, molle strap attachments everywhere, nice zip pockets (including a nice stealthy one in the front), rugged, hold up well to weather and dust and general wear, not hot on your hind-quarters in summer. Also side airbag compliant. Great customer service.

Only downside is A) They're custom made, so it takes about 6-10 weeks to get them. And B) The install is hell. I just received my set for the JL last week and I'm dreading the hand and back strain it'll take to get them installed.

But it's very much worth it. I plan to install them this weekend, I'll have pics to post when I do.

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Sorry, I don't exactly remember, as I got them a while ago. I don't remember there being options when I got them. I'm cheap, so it's probably the cheaper ones.

I generally search, or wait, for prices that I'm happy with, then try to forget what I paid as quickly as possible.

I just did a quick search, and from the images, it seems like the "Precision Fit" version has some additional darting to fix some hammock effect.

In my experience, seats and seat covers will both eventually accommodate your "needs" after breaking in, so I'd get the cheaper one. Fewer seams to worry about as well.

Still happy with mine after almost two years.
Thanks!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I bought the Bartact covers. I installed the front and it wasn’t bad at all. I’m installing the rears tomorrow.
My main concern was summer heat. I have cloth seats which i love for weather. But they get trashed on the trails.

the bartact material is very similar to cloth. Not as soft but it won’t get hot like leather or neoprene.

Last edited:

Deleted member 53226

I love the look and fit/finish of the PRP seat covers. I give the manufacturer a lot of credit for putting together a quality product. My only hang up--and frankly the only reason I haven't bought them to cover my cloth seats--is the damned huge PRP label they stitch to the back of the headrests on the covers. Sample pic below.

I am told from people who asked the company directly if they could order covers without that label, that it's non-negotiable by the company. Unfortunate.

I understand PRP wants to get the credit for the product they are proud of (and a little free advertisement) but a small label somewhere will do. Most companies have a tiny one along the seat stitch seams, like a pillow does. Why have a gigantic placard type thing on the back of the headrests? You can see they already have one label on the shoulder bolster.

If it was a decal that could be taken off at buyer's option, then fine, but I understand its is stitched, so if you remove it the stitch marks will still be there. I think PRP could sell a ton more of these covers it they corrected that single issue.

Jeep Wrangler JL Seat Cover Suggestions? 1622385930632
Sponsored