Seat Comparisons (for my seat covers)

jeep.mama

First Name
Mama
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
I ordered a 2021 Sport JLU and it will not be here until August. But I bought seat covers (for the cloth interior) and although the specs SAY they'll fit, I'm paranoid.... Could I go to the dealership and try them onto another JLU that's a Sahara or Rubicon? They don't have any sports in stock and I just don't want to miss my return window frame!
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I ordered a 2021 Sport JLU and it will not be here until August. But I bought seat covers (for the cloth interior) and although the specs SAY they'll fit, I'm paranoid.... Could I go to the dealership and try them onto another JLU that's a Sahara or Rubicon? They don't have any sports in stock and I just don't want to miss my return window frame!
As long as the Sahara or Rubicon doesn’t have leather seats, you should be OK. The factory leather seat option for those models adds the rear seat center armrest and covers for a Sport will not fit.

That being said, I doubt a dealership will allow you to install anything on an unsold vehicle.

Last edited:
OP
OP

jeep.mama

First Name
Mama
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
As long as the Sahara or Rubicon doesn’t have leather seats, you should be OK. The factory leather seat option for those models adds the rear seat center armrest and covers for a Sport will not fit.

That being said, I doubt a dealership will allow you to install anything on an unsold vehicle.

Thanks for the input! Do you know whether the older year models have the same seat dimensions as the Sport JLU?

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I think you are needlessly worried. If they state they will fit, I suspect they will fit. We ordered "Diver Down" brand neoprene covers for our cloth seat 2021 from Quadratec and they fit great front and rear, zero issues.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Do you know whether the older year models have the same seat dimensions as the Sport JLU?
Are you referring to the older JK models? If so, your covers won’t fit on those.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jeep.mama

First Name
Mama
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Are you referring to the older JK models? If so, your covers won’t fit on those.
Just wondering what other models aside from an exact 2021 JLU match I could possible peek at in case I can't get ahold of another Sport JLU!

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I’d be inclined to check with / believe the manufacturer. If it fits a JL it should fit any year so far.

Even if you could find a dealer who would let you take a peek, most seat covers take some effort and time to put on.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just wondering what other models aside from an exact 2021 JLU match I could possible peek at in case I can't get ahold of another Sport JLU!
All JLs, aside from the 4xe have the same seats. The only difference, as mentioned above, is the factory leather option add the rear center armrest.

OP
OP

jeep.mama

First Name
Mama
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Thanks so much! I plan on trying to find a local who wouldn't mind (I'm from a small town and there actually may be somebody I know!) but just wanted to make sure I knew what year JL to put out a "search party" for LOL!
Sponsored