First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
I have read about how people have taken care of the back seat seat belts that flutter, but what about the drivers seat belt. I just got the Jeep yesterday, so today i had just the freedom tops off, and I had the half doors on without the windows. No mater where I positioned the seat belt height, it would flutter. Some positions worse than others, but no matter where I put the height, it would flutter. It was so bad, my dog was wondering what the hell it was. I have not tried moving my seat up/down or front/back since I had the seat where I like it. I would like to keep the seat position where it is if possible. Any ideas? thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
brennaman

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
damn near retired
Go to Walmart, get the seatbelt pads, put them on the seatbelt where it comes up from the floor. Cheap and easy fix for less than $5
Thanks, I am on my way as soon as I hit enter. My puppy and I appreciate it

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
OP
OP
brennaman

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
damn near retired
Go to Walmart, get the seatbelt pads, put them on the seatbelt where it comes up from the floor. Cheap and easy fix for less than $5
Fixed, thanks.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@vegasblue
@brennaman

I found the pad would very often keep the seat belt from retracting properly.... I could not deal with that so opted for the pad between the belt and pillar. You'll see after you have used the seat belt pads for awhile..

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rhinebeck01 @brennaman after reading that thread it was one of the earliest mods I made to my Jeep - I'm only 5'3" so the seat is close and the belt would constantly flap with the windows down. It drove me nuts! I'm so glad I got those Reriver pads.
@The Fixer

Good to hear the RERIVER 6" X 8" X 1/5" Thick Heavy Duty Felt entent worked out for you.. Many have said the pads did the deed for them too..

OH...... I found another use for the pads .... in regard to the JL and JT. The RERIVER pads stick really really well to the engine compartment hood insulation pad..... AND once installed the pad blends in really well .... looks almost the same.

So, for you guys or gals that have a mouse, squirrel, etc. or just gouge a chunk out of the stock pad, one of these Reriver pads will cover the hole, etc..

Sponsored