SE Michigan Dealer Recommendations/Pricing

PetarV

First Name
Petar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger Hellcat
Hello to the group! New to the JL forums, and the Wrangler brand itself. I'm currently in a Dodge Charger Hellcat that I'm going to be getting out of within the next 6 months.

The thing is my Hellcat has been at the dealer for an engine issue the last 3 weeks and I was given a 2019 Wrangler Sport S as a loaner. I never thought I would appreciate a Wrangler so much until I actually drove it. I have a bi-weekly trip that I take for work with terrible roads and the last 2 times with the Wrangler it has been amazing. Alongside that trip, the roads in my area are terrible so when driving this Wrangler around I've been a lot less "stressed" (if I can say that) with dealing with potholes, bad roads, etc. I feel like the Wrangler would be the perfect next car for me to stay in for a while.

With that being said, I'm looking to lease an 18/19 JLUR fully optioned out and am looking around here to see what kind of prices people have received. I am part of the JL FB page but did not get much feedback when I posted on there. I've called around a few dealers and most of them have quoted me high 600's for an 18 JLUR fully loaded which I can't really understand because my current lease is $500 a month and has a purchase price of 20K more than the Wrangler.

Any help would be appreciated guys, and thanks!
Sponsored

catdaddy63

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue, 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
Occupation
Used Car Manager/Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
A 19 will have a higher residual unless there is a huge discount on the 18 the 19 will probably be the same or cheaper. The Chrysler Capital residuals this month for Southwest Business Center (may vary in other areas) 19 JLUR 64% 24 months, 61 on the 36. The 18 residuals are 57/55. Money factor for Chrysler Capital is .00200 for tier one credit.

OP
OP

PetarV

First Name
Petar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger Hellcat
A 19 will have a higher residual unless there is a huge discount on the 18 the 19 will probably be the same or cheaper. The Chrysler Capital residuals this month for Southwest Business Center (may vary in other areas) 19 JLUR 64% 24 months, 61 on the 36. The 18 residuals are 57/55. Money factor for Chrysler Capital is .00200 for tier one credit.
Catdaddy thanks for the information. Based on the residual number the dealer gave me on the 19 JLUR I believe those residual percentages should be about the same in my area.

Overall, I'm just having trouble understanding exactly how my Hellcat lease (64K purchase price/72K sticker) was at $540 a month after tax for 12,000 miles annually, but the JLUR was quoted at $703 a month for 10,000 annually (54,000 sticker). Also, the lease calculators on Jeep.com seem to not match up with the dealers quote for the same optioned out JLURs. I understand that is just an estimate but they are off by a good 150-200 dollars.
Sponsored