SDI eclik vs. FOX 2.5

Steadman

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR, 2020 Raptor
Im new here and to jeeps. I have been looking all over the web for better shocks. I have it narrowed down to these two. Im leaning toward the SDI since that is all i have been able to find on youtube and they are looking great but $$$$$ AF. Main goal is to make it closer to the way a raptor feels. Has anyone had to chance to compare these two or at least driven one of them with factory springs. I have a 21 rubi XR.
Sponsored

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Going to be hard to compare an IFS truck like that to a solid axle Jeep. Are you mainly looking to improve the factory ride, without a lift or performance upgrades? What exactly don't you like about the current ride?

OP
OP
Steadman

Steadman

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The xtreme recon package has a 1.5 lift on 35’s. Not sure how its lifted, spacers or longer springs or if they made longer control arms and such. Main goal is to have a smoother ride in all conditions. Colorado trails at 20+mph and be comfortable. Hit a bump at 40+mph in big bend and get air borne with a smooth landing. Factory jeep suspension just seems jarring and abusive.
After watching the SDI videos they seem to do all of what i want. I dont know of they have factory springs and other suspension components though. I havent seen any videos with FOX 2.5 in the same circumstances.

sgterik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
I have the SDI Pro's in my 2021 Rubi Diesel. They are wicked nice. Beat out anything out there for a jeep. Jeeps are so that they either set up for onroad or offroad, or in the middle for shocks. These you can set based on your daily drive and the shocks adjust 250 times a second individually. Going from a soft 0 to a stiff 10. I was a bit taken back by the heafty price but glad I did it. Falcons only adjust from that softest setting to the stiffest, nothing in between. The icons dont adjust nearly as much and have heard of some overheating issues with the ecu in the engine bay as it is plastic and not CNC like the SDI. I love my SDI's

OP
OP
Steadman

Steadman

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the SDI Pro's in my 2021 Rubi Diesel. They are wicked nice. Beat out anything out there for a jeep. Jeeps are so that they either set up for onroad or offroad, or in the middle for shocks. These you can set based on your daily drive and the shocks adjust 250 times a second individually. Going from a soft 0 to a stiff 10. I was a bit taken back by the heafty price but glad I did it. Falcons only adjust from that softest setting to the stiffest, nothing in between. The icons dont adjust nearly as much and have heard of some overheating issues with the ecu in the engine bay as it is plastic and not CNC like the SDI. I love my SDI's
I was waiting for you to chime in. I saw your other posts. Did you change springs or anything?

Sponsored

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Unless you've driven every suspension option out there for a JL, thats a bold statement. We've tuned some Fox 2.5 DSC for the a 392, we've installed and tuned 2.0 and 2.5 coilovers, with and without adjusters and we've customized 3.0 external bypasses for a JL. Lots of spring rate options out there also and a tremendous amount of options with valving. Hard to say there is one perfect setup out there. Lots of Pro's and Con's to each setup.

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
I just have 1" spacers, Mopar LCAs, Terraflex bumpstops (not the fancy ones), 35" tires on 17x8.5 0 offset wheels as far as hardware goes on my Rubicon - So pretty close to the XR but probably not as good.

A great upgrade for me was to get a Tazer so I can disconnect the swaybar at higher speeds & 2/4 hi. The additional up-travel with the spacers (assume similar to 1.5" XR springs) and the disconnected swaybar really makes the Jeep float over the rough stuff. Some Rockjock Antirocks would probably be better and what I'll end up with if my Rubicon disconnect motor fails me. You have to be very mindful when you are completely disconnected going 25+. Turns, particularly the unexpected, get exponentially more dangerous with speed.

I thought I'd have upgraded shocks by now (30k miles). SDI is on my short list for when my red stockers fail. I wish they wouldn't use the extended rod-ends in the rear and chose to maximize travel for the given compressed length. But they do already have a lot of travel relative to others and I suppose that extra travel might open another can of worms.

I'm still on the fence. I know I won't go wrong with AccuTuned Fox/King, but nerding out on the computer stuff sounds fun.

silverheep

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR4xe
@Steadman I saw your for sale thread on the E-clik’s. What lead you to go a different direction?
I have the same question as you did here, Fox 2.5(Accutuned) vs the SDi E-clik’s, as I am back and forth between the two.

OP
OP
Steadman

Steadman

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Steadman I saw your for sale thread on the E-clik’s. What lead you to go a different direction?
I have the same question as you did here, Fox 2.5(Accutuned) vs the SDi E-clik’s, as I am back and forth between the two.
I havent had a chance to take the fox 2.5’s offroad yet. As far a pavement goes. The fox can be softer than the SDI depending on what setting you have it on. I think i have low speed compression more than halfway (7-8clicks) Im also on alot taller springs now (added 4.somthing inches) so that could be a factor. If i did it again i would just choose fox. Its cheaper, they look better, they look bigger, they can come in longer overall length.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
I havent had a chance to take the fox 2.5’s offroad yet. As far a pavement goes. The fox can be softer than the SDI depending on what setting you have it on. I think i have low speed compression more than halfway (7-8clicks) Im also on alot taller springs now (added 4.somthing inches) so that could be a factor. If i did it again i would just choose fox. Its cheaper, they look better, they look bigger, they can come in longer overall length.
Any update now that you’ve had the Fox 2.5s for a while? Aside from shock length, which you obviously wanted, how do you think these two compared from a completely functional perspective?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steadman

Steadman

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any update now that you’ve had the Fox 2.5s for a while? Aside from shock length, which you obviously wanted, how do you think these two compared from a completely functional perspective?
Love the fox 2.5’s. Offroad, on road they are awesome. Just got the antirock sway bars which made it even better. I think Its about as close to the Raptor as it will get.

I had the ecliks on the factory XR suspension so maybe it was the suspension that was rough. The longer bump stops never helped either, bottoming out constantly off road.

JMP

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLI, Tiguan, Buying a JL
Love the fox 2.5’s. Offroad, on road they are awesome. Just got the antirock sway bars which made it even better. I think Its about as close to the Raptor as it will get.

I had the ecliks on the factory XR suspension so maybe it was the suspension that was rough. The longer bump stops never helped either, bottoming out constantly off road.
How long are your antirocks links on the front? Do they interfere with the 2.5 hoses at full squish?
What length shocks do you have?

Thank you!

OP
OP
Steadman

Steadman

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How long are your antirocks links on the front? Do they interfere with the 2.5 hoses at full squish?
What length shocks do you have?

Thank you!
Whatever length they come. I havent noticed any hitting. I did Alpine loop, poughkeepsie, imogene, ophir with no issues. Could be touching at full flex. Idk. Shock are the fox 4-6 inch. 30.5” extended i believe.

Jeep Wrangler JL SDI eclik vs. FOX 2.5 IMG_6127

Jeep Wrangler JL SDI eclik vs. FOX 2.5 IMG_6128

JMP

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLI, Tiguan, Buying a JL
Whatever length they come. I havent noticed any hitting. I did Alpine loop, poughkeepsie, imogene, ophir with no issues. Could be touching at full flex. Idk. Shock are the fox 4-6 inch. 30.5” extended i believe.

Awesome. Really appreciate the pics and time! Excited to get mine on!
Sponsored