Sponsored

"Screw" rolling around somewhere around the glove box...

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I realize this is a long shot... but here goes. I picked up my Moab yesterday and it's GREAT. The only complaint I have is that it sounds like I've got a screw (or something) rolling around somewhere in the vicinity of the glove box. I popped the glove box out but can't find anything. Any idea where it could be hiding? It's clearly in a tight area as it sounds like it doesn't roll far... maybe only an inch or so. Also... what is that "access panel" between the automatic shifter and the lower part of the dash? Does that just pop off? (I wanted to peek in there too). Thanks for your help!

MVIMG_20190928_104856.jpg
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I realize this is a long shot... but here goes. I picked up my Moab yesterday and it's GREAT. The only complaint I have is that it sounds like I've got a screw (or something) rolling around somewhere in the vicinity of the glove box. I popped the glove box out but can't find anything. Any idea where it could be hiding? It's clearly in a tight area as it sounds like it doesn't roll far... maybe only an inch or so. Also... what is that "access panel" between the automatic shifter and the lower part of the dash? Does that just pop off? (I wanted to peek in there too). Thanks for your help!

MVIMG_20190928_104856.jpg
I can’t help with the loose screw, but the access panel is covering your manual park override if you have the automatic.

OP
OP
pantheman75

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
The screw sounds like it's somewhere in the vicinity of the star connectors that sit right behind the base of the glove box. I'd like to pull those off... but the bolts don't seem to budge. Do I just need to keep cranking to break them loose or is there a trick to removing them?
Sponsored