Screen

Texmom23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep
I’ve noticed lately on my Jeep that when I plug in my iPhone before starting my screen doesn’t turn on. I have to unplug and wait for the radio to turn off, turn on my Jeep and then plug back in my phone. Has anyone else seen this?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I’ve noticed lately on my Jeep that when I plug in my iPhone before starting my screen doesn’t turn on. I have to unplug and wait for the radio to turn off, turn on my Jeep and then plug back in my phone. Has anyone else seen this?
@Texmom23

Reality is, it is undoubtedly best.....to start the JL and let UConnect fully boot up...... and then plug in your cellphone. Sure, many owner's probably do not do this but...

Just like it is best, to start the JL, wait a few seconds and when UConnect is up, you place the JL in reverse. Many report rear camera issues (camera not coming on, green lines, etc.) if you just start the JL and quickly place it into reverse, before UConnect has a chance to boot up.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
if I remember I'll try later to see if it happens to me.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I plug in my phone first most of the time. No problems.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I plug in my phone first most of the time. No problems.
Best bet on any electronics, booting up is to let it boot up and then plug in devices.

SURE, devices probably will still connect aok but ....

UConnect has to boot up... takes seconds to do so, so why not ace your bet so to speak, and wait the few seconds before plugging in a device and or before putting the JL into reverse..

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Best bet on any electronics, booting up is to let it boot up and then plug in devices.

SURE, devices probably will still connect aok but ....

UConnect has to boot up... takes seconds to do so, so why not ace your bet so to speak, and wait the few seconds before plugging in a device and or before putting the JL into reverse..
I plug my phone in and throw it in the console before i mash the start button. That’s how i do it. Uconnect will just have to deal with it.
Sponsored