Scotty says the Wrangler SUCKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Scotty is usually right about stuff. But I’m not driving a 30 year old Toyota as a daily lol.

I went with the 8 speed ZF. No need to worry about shifting. FCA deserves every bit of crap they get for cheating out and using garbage parts on a 50,000 car.

so yeah, we need more Scotty. I think every car blog and YouTubed should shit on Chrysler until they replace that clutch and fix all the steering problems the JL has.

even if it’s 1% of customers I’m surprised they go to sleep at night
Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Scotty is usually right about stuff. But I’m not driving a 30 year old Toyota as a daily lol.

I went with the 8 speed ZF. No need to worry about shifting. FCA deserves every bit of crap they get for cheating out and using garbage parts on a 50,000 car.

so yeah, we need more Scotty. I think every car blog and YouTubed should shit on Chrysler until they replace that clutch and fix all the steering problems the JL has.

even if it’s 1% of customers I’m surprised they go to sleep at night
I can assure you its more than 1%. It’s unfortunate. I wanted to LOVE my JL. And I really did. The 8spd auto is light years ahead of my new 2020 Tacoma has. But I just couldn’t keep that JL going in a straight line. Even after spending all the money on steer smarts etc. Not to mention my electronics went to shit on it. It just seems after it hit 16k the issues started. I was heartbroken. It’s not fun having a new vehicle and its at the dealerships for week at a time here and there and dealing with rentals.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
My opinion is "Scotty just does not like Jeeps"!!! Us who love Jeeps even if tromped by them might be a bit weird! I ama long time Jeeper but I think "It's a Jeep thing" maybe has run a bit long?

Love our JlU it is number 27..."You wouldn't understand, it's a Jeep thing!" ? On ya our 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk is darn good too!

Hey Scotty, shove it! LOL

Go Jeep!!!

Quetzal

First Name
ERIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Teacher
The 8 speed automatic is amazing!

Sponsored

SeaJay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 CJ5, 1976 CJ5, 1999 TJ, 2012 JK
I'm not sure why people take this guy Scotty seriously. Have you see the guys "shop?" Its a broken down garage... leaning to one side completely packed with junk that you cant even walk into.
I saw an episode where he was served a notice by his town to clean his property or face eviction... not kidding.
His opinion means less than zilch.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
This guy has been proven to be both a shill and an idiot. Just ignore him.

I've had the AX-15 and the NV3550 in both of my TJ's. The biggest issues with those were the throwout bearings being noisy. My 98TJ with the AX15 had 72k when I bought it and it was my first manual transmission vehicle so I ended up having to replace the TOB. Same deal with my 04 Rubi with the NV3550, The difference being it was over 100k and had been pulling heavy wheeling duty on the weekends for at least 3 years when that went.

Fingers crossed, I haven't had any issues with my ASIN6 yet, and it seems to be working better than either of the previous two, both of which received decent marks from most owners.

Sponsored

Jeremy wooden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon unlimited jl
Only a VERY small percentage of the 6MT have that problem mine has ran like a champ from day one 15,700 miles later I still look forward to driving it. Scotty probably wants everybody to drive a crappy modern Range Rover happy Jeeping:jk:
Mine is affected it has been a piece of shit from early on it is my first Jeep it was a rubicon and after all the shit I e been through with it i traded it in on a truck and highly doubt I will ever try another

Status
Not open for further replies.