Sponsored

Scosche ITCCR05B was just released (double din aftermarket radio / headunit)

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Also, $1000 for that 7 inch that is very basic just seems way too much, they could have at least integrated wireless carplay into it. Thats the main feature i want.
You do know that's the OEM 7", right?
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Also, $1000 for that 7 inch that is very basic just seems way too much, they could have at least integrated wireless carplay into it. Thats the main feature i want.
Also you probably need to read that NOTE stating this will not work with your OEM head unit. After market ISO double DIN stereo is REQUIRED.

OP
OP
Du0377

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Medical Student
Also you probably need to read that NOTE stating this will not work with your OEM head unit. After market ISO double DIN stereo is REQUIRED.
I don’t really understand what you are saying. What I said is I already have an aftermarket double din radio. This Scosche dash kit allows me to install it now. I don’t want the OEM 7 inch radio, if I wanted that I would not even buy this dash kit and just get the 7 inch.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I don’t really understand what you are saying. What I said is I already have an aftermarket double din radio. This Scosche dash kit allows me to install it now. I don’t want the OEM 7 inch radio, if I wanted that I would not even buy this dash kit and just get the 7 inch.
Sorry I missed that you already had the after market radio. I thought you were just wanting to upgrade the dash kit. Reading comprehension apparently sucks today :facepalm:

OP
OP
Du0377

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Student
If anyone knows of another double din dash kit that keeps the standard knobs and allows me to install a double din radio I’m all ears because I would rather go that route. Figured ill give it until after the CES Conference in January to see if any more dash kits come out. If nothing comes out I’m going to install this scosche unit because I cannot bear my stereo system for much longer.

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
If anyone knows of another double din dash kit that keeps the standard knobs and allows me to install a double din radio I’m all ears because I would rather go that route. Figured ill give it until after the CES Conference in January to see if any more dash kits come out. If nothing comes out I’m going to install this scosche unit because I cannot bear my stereo system for much longer.
I'm in the same boat as you and I've been doing some research. The Scosche unit (lower touchscreen part) in not compatible with Jeeps that came with the Uconnect3 5" units. You can use certain shallow-depth aftermarket stereos with the iDatalink Maestro RR and keep all the factory settings except the OEM backup camera. I have a JVC KW-M750BT which is compatible. The only other problem is I can't find any double-din dash kits for the JL except for the Scosche and I can't justify $650 for the Scosche kit just to use the upper trim ring part.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Wireless CarPlay and Android Auto require Wifi and unfortunately I have not found any shallow-depth stereos with Wifi.

trippnk

First Name
Kendal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray JLUR 2.0L
So I just saw the Scosche video on youtube about the dash kit being released so it got me looking. I found this Alpine on Crutchfield which is a shallow-mount double-din.

Now they need to just sell the dash kit without the silly lower touch controls.

OP
OP
Du0377

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Student
So I just saw the Scosche video on youtube about the dash kit being released so it got me looking. I found this Alpine on Crutchfield which is a shallow-mount double-din.

Now they need to just sell the dash kit without the silly lower touch controls.
CES is in a week and hoping something will come out then. Don't know how much longer I can handle my 5 inch Uconnect 3.

MrNuggets

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Amen

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs