School me on new tires and wheels

VenomJeepGal

First Name
Maricela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Need you to school me ! Looking to get new tires and wheels for my 2019 JL sport,not looking to lift just yet. I have a. 7ft clearance were I park for work will 285/70/17 Be a good route to go ? Any suggestions on brands. I’ve been stock since I got it in December and In need of new wheels . Are Nitto grappler hybrid tires a good choice for a daily driver ? Way to many questions but I need suggestions. Thanks ‍♀

9B73FF97-45BE-43F9-8702-6B34A018AEC8.jpeg
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
You don't need to worry about clearing 7ft. I've got 37s with a 2" lift and I fit under a 7ft. garage door just fine.

As far as tire selection goes, Nitto makes great tires. They tend to be a bit heavier than the rest, but the height of your Sport with a 285 only goes up a couple inches, if that, compared to stock.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I can vouch for 285/70/17s, Toyo Open Country AT2. That’s what I have on my 2018 Sport, no lift yet, and they are excellent on road and off road.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If you’re looking at that size, OEM takeoff wheels and tires from a Rubicon are a good way to go and not expensive.

Last edited:

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I park in a parking garage that is 7’ as well. I drive a Rubicon ........ no issues (other than initially feeling that I was ‘definitely going to hit that sprinkler pipe’.......)

Last edited:

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
295/70/17 Milestar Patagonias w/ a Rubicon suspension swap, am very happy w/ the tires and the overall suspension setup, nice clearance but not too much lift. Tires used to be a decent deal but the price keeps going up, they are pretty quiet for the more aggressive tread and have been wearing well.

IMG_0253.JPG

wrangler005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUS 4xe
I have the unlimited sport S as well. I went with Rubicon wheels and Tires. No lift. Loving the look so far.

I got the take offs for $1k from one of the forum members, whereas just the 5 BFG KO2s would have been $1200+ at Costco.

20200217_121650-COLLAGE.jpg

OP
OP
VenomJeepGal

VenomJeepGal

First Name
Maricela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
You don't need to worry about clearing 7ft. I've got 37s with a 2" lift and I fit under a 7ft. garage door just fine.

As far as tire selection goes, Nitto makes great tires. They tend to be a bit heavier than the rest, but the height of your Sport with a 285 only goes up a couple inches, if that, compared to stock.
Good to know ! So your saying It can possibly be lifted as well like and inch or two ?

OP
OP
VenomJeepGal

VenomJeepGal

First Name
Maricela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I can vouch for 285/70/17s, Toyo Open Country AT2. That’s what I have on my 2018 Sport, no lift yet, and they are excellent on road and off road.
Awesome thanks I’ll look into those too, still deciding.

OP
OP
VenomJeepGal

VenomJeepGal

First Name
Maricela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
295/70/17 Milestar Patagonias w/ a Rubicon suspension swap, am very happy w/ the tires and the overall suspension setup, nice clearance but not too much lift. Tires used to be a decent deal but the price keeps going up, they are pretty quiet for the more aggressive tread and have been wearing well.

IMG_0253.JPG
They look great Definitely need to get mine looking like this

Sponsored

OP
OP
VenomJeepGal

VenomJeepGal

First Name
Maricela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I have the unlimited sport S as well. I went with Rubicon wheels and Tires. No lift. Loving the look so far.

I got the take offs for $1k from one of the forum members, whereas just the 5 BFG KO2s would have been $1200+ at Costco.

20200217_121650-COLLAGE.jpg
What a difference, I love it. Is the bolt pattern 5.5 ?

OP
OP
VenomJeepGal

VenomJeepGal

First Name
Maricela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
If you’re thinking of doing a lift, you might consider waiting and do lift and tires/wheels together, that way you can better match tire size to lift height. Unless there’s a need to replace right away. And for a reference, I’m on a 3.5” lift and 37s, I’m 78” high at highest point of my hard top. Soft tops will be slightly higher do to the bows in the soft top.
I would love to get a lift but for some reason I thought with my parking situation it wasn’t an option ‍♀ Reading all your comments is an eye opener. Your set up would be ideal Now I have to back to the drawing board. Thanks

OP
OP
VenomJeepGal

VenomJeepGal

First Name
Maricela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I park in a parking garage that is 7’ as well. I drive a Rubicon ........ no issues (other than initially feeling that I was ‘definitely going to hit that sprinkler pipe’.......)
Yes , that’s the feeling I thought I’d have if I decided to go bigger than the stock tires. But seems like it shouldn’t be an issue. Thanks