Sponsored

School me on 37’s (Ko2’s)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former lifted XJ (2) owner soon to be JlUR pilot
Ok so planning a JLUR build for the wife in the not-too-distant future. It will be used heavily as a daily driver. It will also be used as an exploration tool for mountain dirt and gravel roads here on the east coast. (Crawling not so much). Ultimately it will also be used to pull a small offroad teardrop.

Not willing to regear.

I have been looking at lifts and tires ad nauseam for months i want to run c or d rated ko2’s for their road manners. I would love to go with 37’s for the extra clearance and the way they fill out the wheel wells with the highline fenders but don’t want to take to big a hit on the highway.

35 vs 37” ko2s only gain around 4 pounds per corner. So I would love some feedback from those running them with the 8 speed auto on highway manners. I guess my big question is: Is it the added weight of most 37’s that contribute to the need to regear, or the increased diameter of the tires?

Thanks!
Sponsored

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Ok so planning a JLUR build for the wife in the not-too-distant future. It will be used heavily as a daily driver. It will also be used as an exploration tool for mountain dirt and gravel roads here on the east coast. (Crawling not so much). Ultimately it will also be used to pull a small offroad teardrop.

Not willing to regear.

I have been looking at lifts and tires ad nauseam for months i want to run c or d rated ko2’s for their road manners. I would love to go with 37’s for the extra clearance and the way they fill out the wheel wells with the highline fenders but don’t want to take to big a hit on the highway.

35 vs 37” ko2s only gain around 4 pounds per corner. So I would love some feedback from those running them with the 8 speed auto on highway manners. I guess my big question is: Is it the added weight of most 37’s that contribute to the need to regear, or the increased diameter of the tires?

Thanks!
Same boat here. I went to 37s and love it/perfect for me. I wanted the ride to be stock(well better than stock).

Below is what I have and it drives handles 1000% better than prior to below added items and stock from the dealership lot. Drives straight as an arrow down the freeway with one hand at 80mph. Also, does extremely well off road(on Rubicon trail last year). For me for now below were nice enhancements without braking the bank.

NOTE: With the auto trans I really do not notice any power loss, have pulled trailers and have absolutely NO need to re-gear. Keep in mind I went with a light 37 12.50 wide and stuck with light stock Rubicon rims. Plenty of power/acceleration/pulling torque performance. To me the same(or very similar) as stock.

2” Rubicon Express spacer lift.
Rough Country front adjustable lower control arms.
Rough Country tire relocation bracket.
Mopar tail gate reinforcement.
37”x 12.50 BFG KM2. (which is a shorter 37” tire)
YETI adjustable track bar.
Fox steering stabilizer (non-adjustable).

image.jpg

EBDABDE2-523A-4E8B-867D-32055F39A284.jpeg

FD57DF55-D14C-4F06-8821-3565D2D0E9FE.jpeg

image.jpg

Last edited:

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

Not willing to regear.

Thanks!
Both contribute...if you're wife is simply going to be driving on dirt/gravel roads, cares about highway gas mileage, doesnt want to regear and will be towing, I'd stick to 35s and skip the lift. IMHO, lifting and 37's seem like an overall bad fit.

Dawn Patrol

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey,
I am an east coast guy as well. I have an auto Rubicon and I put a 2 inch Mopar lift on (but got over 3") and 37" BFG K02s with Fuel Anza wheels. Overall, I like it. It changed the feel of the Jeep for me because it does feel a little heavier and it wants to wander a little. It was actually more of an issue at first but I aired down a little and ended up getting adjustable lower control arms and that was it. Now I am really happy with the way it handles! I don't think I will need to regear any time soon; I find 8th gear on the highway and it is zippy. FWIW, my wife likes driving it too though it is a little difficult for her to hop into.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Have had BFGs in 37s on two JLs and in my opinion they were meant for them. Perfect size and a terrific all around tire. Don’t go to a 35 on a Rubi. You’ll regret it every time you see one with 37s.

B05D5BF6-F049-450B-BC6C-F75056252EC1.jpeg

895D5E67-057A-45C6-B9D6-9355ECB50232.jpeg

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
You'll gain 1 inch of clearance with a 37 over a 35. For what you listed you absolutely dont "need" a 37 or even a 35 for that matter so it's going to really just depend on what you want.

37 will wear things like balljoints out quicker than a 35.

Buy what you want the first time and be happy with it or you'll end up buying twice

RubiXplr

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Same boat here. I went to 37s and love it/perfect for me. I wanted the ride to be stock(well better than stock).

Below is what I have and it drives handles 1000% better than prior to below added items and stock from the dealership lot. Drives straight as an arrow down the freeway with one hand at 80mph. Also, does extremely well off road(on Rubicon trail last year). For me for now below were nice enhancements without braking the bank.

NOTE: With the auto trans I really do not notice any power loss, have pulled trailers and have absolutely NO need to re-gear. Keep in mind I went with a light 37 12.50 wide and stuck with light stock Rubicon rims. Plenty of power/acceleration/pulling torque performance. To me the same(or very similar) as stock.

2” Rubicon Express spacer lift.
Rough Country front adjustable lower control arms.
Rough Country tire relocation bracket.
Mopar tail gate reinforcement.
37”x 12.50 BFG KM2. (which is a shorter 37” tire)
YETI adjustable track bar.
Fox steering stabilizer (non-adjustable).

Jeep Wrangler JL School me on 37’s (Ko2’s) 895D5E67-057A-45C6-B9D6-9355ECB50232

Nice looking rig! Would you still recommend this setup? Also, is your JLUR a 3.6L or 2.0T?

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
For me it is sweet. Drives great on road(now) & off road set up is more than sufficient for me. I also tow it behind our motor home and have the hard top off more than 1/2 the year. It is the 3.6L.

I hope to add in the future a few upgrade items below in order:
1st-Power Tank 15lb.
2nd- Warn VR EVO 10s winch(may only use it once or twice a year if I feeling like getting stuck).
3rd-Mopar beadlock rims.
I like taking it to the snow, sand dunes and mud and above items should round it out for me. I also have chains for the 37’s for the snow if ever needed.
Sponsored