Scepter Military Gas Cans

Myron

First Name
Myron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler, 1964 Land Rover SIIA 88
I bought four brand new in 2008. Two I've used once and the other two have never been used. Send me a PM if you're near Michigan and would be interested.
Sponsored

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I have their water cans. Looking for their gas cans.
Sounds like a good excuse for a run across the border. If it ever reopens. The fuel ones, I’ve tried too and it seems to either be used, knock offs, or outright fraud.

Same thing with the frickin water ones actually. Lot of people marketing LCI or ??? as Scepter.

OP
OP
Hayseed_JLUR

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I have the LCI water ones and they are legit - LCI is a government contractor made in Mississippi. They are beasts and the Scepter lids and such are pretty much interchangable.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I have the LCI water ones and they are legit - LCI is a government contractor made in Mississippi. They are beasts and the Scepter lids and such are pretty much interchangable.
I've seen some prepper complaints about the LCI ones and longevity. Never seen one in person. They should be built to the exact same mil specs as the Scepter.

I won't deal with LCI though. I ordered some containers direct from them 2 years ago and they sat in shipping purgatory for several months. Called a few times, was given empty promises, finally gave up and asked for a refund. Always amazes me how quick some companies hit your credit card versus deliver what you actually pay for.

OP
OP
Hayseed_JLUR

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I can see your disappointment. Mine shipped immediately. Thought I would try over the Scepter ones, Have not had for long but happy so far.

Sponsored

Myron

First Name
Myron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler, 1964 Land Rover SIIA 88
Just checked my water cans and they are LCI. They have a million miles on them, zillions of uses, boy scout outings, family camping, etc. and they are totally unfazed. I think I bought them in 2008.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I've had a pair of the Scepter fuel cans (and water cans) for maybe a dozen years now. Got them off ebay. Looks like there are still several sellers (though much fewer than I remember). Maybe local surplus stores, too (again, much fewer of those than I remember, too)? I know they aren't CARB compliant (probably venting issue) so they aren't available from our market.

The fuel cans have held up well. Plastic cap straps have broken on both (no big deal), and I replaced the gaskets on both last year. Very nice how quickly you can drain the 5 gallons with their spout.
Sponsored