• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

New York Scammers

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
This probably isn’t the best place to post this but

can a MOD make it where scammers can’t view market place without having a minimum of 50-100 post?
Everyday I login with some shitty scam private message of “email or text this” from people with 0 posts.
Sponsored

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
I had a scamming attempt after posting in the WTB section. He/she sent a private message wanting me to contact a 3rd party. He/she had only been a member for 1 day. Post count or length of time as a member would be good.

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 95 YJ, 2019 JLU x2
This probably isn’t the best place to post this but

can a MOD make it where scammers can’t view market place without having a minimum of 50-100 post?
Everyday I login with some shitty scam private message of “email or text this” from people with 0 posts.
this would be amazing!

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I was taken for $250 last year. Lesson learned real quick.
Had another scammer hit me up last month but my past experience paid off and he vanished quickly.

OP
OP

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I was taken for $250 last year. Lesson learned real quick.
Had another scammer hit me up last month but my past experience paid off and he vanished quickly.
yeah, and guess what? If the forum could prevent new users from viewing the marketplace without 50-100 posts, scammers will be gone

Sponsored

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
yeah, and guess what? If the forum could prevent new users from viewing the marketplace without 50-100 posts, scammers will be gone
Guess what - scammers would also disappear if people stopped lining up to be "victims" - but that would require personal responsibility, a bit of research and a modicum of common sense.

But that's like hard and stuff, so let's just cry for the Nanny State to swoop in and save us by enacting some blanket restriction which will exclude 10 perfectly honest sellers and/or buyers for each scammer that we are too lazy/irresponsible/stupid to ignore. What a plan...

Just this evening I picked up a set of take-off Rubicon wheels/tires I bought through this marketplace. The seller only joined here to list the item, and this was his first post. The deal went seamlessly - he sold his unwanted item for a fair price, and I got something I've wanted for a while for a price I was comfortable paying. Not only did this 1-timer not scam me out of my hard earned money, he actually helped me load the tires, shook my hand and wished me a happy Thanksgiving. Exactly the kind of scourge we need to be protected from, right? :whew:

OP
OP

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
@Frank R.
Not sure if you’re missing the point of my original post?

I’m bitching about receiving spam/scam private messages from people with 0 posts. 99.9% of them are scammers. How should I deal with these messages?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Frank R.
Not sure if you’re missing the point of my original post?

I’m bitching about receiving spam/scam private messages from people with 0 posts. 99.9% of them are scammers. How should I deal with these messages?
@Warz2k4

You should deal with unwanted, iffy messages or problematic content in forum messages by simply clicking on the "Report" icon at the bottom of the message... bottom left side...

DO a report and Forum Admin will promptly deal with the message sender.... Admin is quick to react and will often Ban the offender, sanction the offender, warn the offender, etc..

Anyway, use the Report button!

I seriously doubt this unwanted message thing is happening often or at all to anyone...
I have been a forum member for 3 yrs.+ and never have had an unwanted message..

NO, I do not think that forum member's with 0 posts .... under X number of posts should be prevented from messaging or placing an ad to sell something in the forum classifieds.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
@Warz2k4

You should deal with unwanted, iffy messages or problematic content in forum messages by simply clicking on the "Report" icon at the bottom of the message... bottom left side...

DO a report and Forum Admin will promptly deal with the message sender.... Admin is quick to react and will often Ban the offender, sanction the offender, warn the offender, etc..

Anyway, use the Report button!

I seriously doubt this unwanted message thing is happening often or at all to anyone...
I have been a forum member for 3 yrs.+ and never have had an unwanted message..

NO, I do not that forum member's with 0 posts .... under X posts should be prevented from messaging or placing an add to sell something in the forum classifieds.

I think I’ve had like 7-8 messages after being a member for 3 years, knock on wood, I’ve never been scammed. I just delete/report as mentioned.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I had a scamming attempt after posting in the WTB section. He/she sent a private message wanting me to contact a 3rd party. He/she had only been a member for 1 day. Post count or length of time as a member would be good.
They're everywhere it seems. I had the same problem on the Bronco forum (yeah, I know :) )