Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Hi Guys I went to homedepot and bought the generic 6ft scaffold they sell and it works great for hardtop storage. Same price as the storage carts wood or metal only 200 dollars. I had the carts before for my old JKs but wanted something more sturdy since my JL is painted and didn't want to risk falling over. The best part is unloading the top is extremely easy since all you have to do is basically slide it back with minimal lifting. No lifting then twisting and laying it on the glass end like with the other carts. The footprint is identical to the carts they sell and the top sits very secure. I just went over a few times with packing wrap for good measure its rock solid. You can move it around with complete confidence. The platform also serves as a placed for the panels and i could see easily hanging the doors as well from the platform. I have a 3 car garage but I have allot of stuff so floor space is tight and with this setup I can easily move the top to sit over the bikes or leave it in front of the jeep and park the hood under it like they do with hoist storage.

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

thumbnail (4).jpg

thumbnail (20).jpg

thumbnail.jpg
Thank you for the great idea. Do you have a picture of the box or a part number. Want to make sure I get the same one.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
OP
OP

maksiu

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU

TMJL2018

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Technology & part-time Google mechanic
Clubs

This is exactly what I need! And I'm able to use it for other projects too. I'm headed to the Depot this evening!

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@maksiu I love such repurposing John..where someone finds so great an out of the box indication for a product--well done.

If I have but one critique--and it really isn't one--it's that the product's full purpose may have not been realized.

To point: if it's wider than the JL--and it seems it might be a bit wider--I'll bet you can drive the JL nose first into the scaffolding, with hard top on it (high enough,) and clear the hood, maximizing garage space.

Bravo!

macki_666

First Name
macki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
$149 at Walmat with free delivery .... I'll post my efforts when it arrives next week.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Genius ! This will be perfect, and as you said, can drive under it too, just enough to get the Jeep snout in the garage. THANK YOU !

303rider

First Name
Soleil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

maksiu

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Fantastic solution. I am in a apartment garage trying to think of ideas to remove the top and leave it in my spot while I am out then put it back on.
This is both affordable and a great solution.

This one looks adjustable.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/MetalTe...Scaffold-1100-lbs-Capacity-I-CISCH1/302038304

I might buy this one first to try. It looks so easy to store plus the price!
https://www.homedepot.com/p/MetalTe...d-Capacity-with-Tool-Shelf-I-IMCNAT/205477926

Is 4 feet wide enough?
The 4 feet wide is to small make sure you get the 6ft first one you have above and you can park right under it. Like the guys do with the hoists.

iwantagoodprice

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2.0
Thank you, OP. I never thought I'd be fortunate to have a slight slope in my driveway. I'm hoping to back right into this.

Does anyone know if this will fit in the back of the JL?
Sponsored