Sponsored

Say hi to the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

Superwinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon, Yamaha Raptor 660
Just noticed something...

Those look like possible grab handles on the back of the front seats? Nice touch for rear passengers' use.

Jeep Wrangler JL Say hi to the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU {filename}
They would need to significantly change seat positining then, because those hands & handles would be right beside someone's head. And if they are for offroading support, then that may mean the front passenger will get a knuckle sandwich when they sway from side to side, already bang my head on the B pillar offroading, having a hand there might cushion the blow, but likely still not be comfortable for either passenger.

Now if they designed them as a recessed flip out handle that could flip towards the back and then store away more flush when not in use then that would be great.

Jeep Wrangler JL Say hi to the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU {filename}
If those are handles, they're at shoulder level rather than head level. And if a passenger loses grip of the handle they'd probably hit the back of the front seats. Recessed flip handles would be a nice design though even if just to maximize cabin space for the rear passengers.

JJ75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
The vent thing behind the front fenders looks very interesting. Wonder what that actually does? More venting for the engine bay?
Other cars that have a vent after the front wheels use it to optimize airflow around the wheel arches and improve aerodynamics. A lot of nasty pressure and air builds up in wheel wells.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Other cars that have a vent after the front wheels use it to optimize airflow around the wheel arches and improve aerodynamics. A lot of nasty pressure and air builds up in wheel wells.
Especially true with the front fenders open as they are.

Bullring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Does the Wrangler's engine bay really need all that extra venting? It already has the vented hood (on the Rubi at least).

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Does the Wrangler's engine bay really need all that extra venting? It already has the vented hood (on the Rubi at least).
Who said it was for the engine bay? It's more likely for the giant sails that are the front fenders, and yes, to make it more aerodynamic, it needs somewhere for the air to go other than inefficiently spilling over the side and running into the next wave of air.

As for venting the engine, it can always use more as those of us with the hood vents know well. I have open moded vents for the summer and stock insert for the winter, because there is a big cooling advantage over stock that is significant and noticeable in engine temps, especially when moving slow on the trails.

Superwinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon, Yamaha Raptor 660
As @The Great Grape Ape says nobody knows yet if the fender vent will also cool engine bay. It should at the very help the aerodynamics of the wheels and wheel well area, but I wouldn't be surprised if it also helped cool the engine bay. The Hurricane 2.0L 4 cyl is turbo and turbo engines typically run hotter so it could benefit from extra cooling/venting.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
As @The Great Grape Ape says nobody knows yet if the fender vent will also cool engine bay. It should at the very help the aerodynamics of the wheels and wheel well area, but I wouldn't be surprised if it also helped cool the engine bay. The Hurricane 2.0L 4 cyl is turbo and turbo engines typically run hotter so it could benefit from extra cooling/venting.
Also it looks cool and differentiates the JL from the JK.

Dr Colg8

First Name
Dr Colg8
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 call of duty MW3 JKU Rubicon , 2013 Harley CVO Breakout
Very exciting! Hope to see some updated truck mock ups. Gonna be a tough call between the Unlimited and waiting even longer for the truck for me. If I decide to get one. But these pics look very promising.
I'm in the same boat. I'm seeing a 2.0l for the jlu and a 3.0l Diesel(s) for the scrambler? I've always wanted a fastback hardtop to match my trektop rag, and I would love to have a fold down tailgate so I can sits with my sweetie and watch the sunsets (while fishing of course). If the Hurricane in the '19 is a 3.0l I will wait. If that's the case, I'll design my own ragtop with compression straps at the rear cage to make a one piece fastback ragtop with built in tonneau that when framed could convert to a ragtop transport /expedition/ camper. Oh the waiting....
PS.. I like the defender bulge. And the vented wheel wells which I'm sure makes it go more faster.
I wonder in Call of Duty will offer an AEV inspired limited run (like my '12 MW3). Not liking the front bumper but that's what Christmas and birthdays are for. Wonder if my jku soft top n doors would fit the jlu
Sponsored