Sponsored

**Sold**. Say hello to my future overland trailer. 2020 JTUR bed box.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Def have to compensate, The bed it self is pretty light. Long tongue, and I will have gear boxes and spare in front of the bed. Prob water tank down the road. I am looking at pivot ideas for the RTT as well. When in travel mode. Pivot points that allow the tent to move forward and lay almost flush with the top of the bed and move forward. Like a little awning over the gear boxes. If that makes any sense at all. I'm tired. I'm in Texas dealing with this Ice/Snow/shit show. Been giving rides to first responders and hospital staff for the last three days and pulling/recovery work.
Makes sense, easy to do. 4 legs with a pivot on each end. You most likely need a leverage arm to raise it since it will be heavy and a good way to secure it when down. Make sure you can open your tailgate with it attached.
See pic below, I have very little room to open my tire swing even though my electronic box is that far away.
My trailer I built a while ago. I will be revamping it for the JL slightly. If you want any help or advice on how to do things or just to talk over ideas don’t be afraid to ask. One thing I’m thinking of doing is dual parallel batteries for the trailer to greatly increase my drain time for camping. ARB fridge can drain a battery in 24hr.
For mine (JK setup) I had the same size spare battery with a quick charger so I could charge it thru the 7pin hook up, fridge in the trailer ran off the trailer battery. Shore charge and solar hook up for charging the trailer battery when camped or at home. I was going to do a QR raised bar to do an awning over the hatch opening but didn’t like the way it looked and never attached it to the trailer; it was going to ruin the looks. The frame work stored under the rack platform for transport.
Jeep Wrangler JL **Sold**. Say hello to my future overland trailer. 2020 JTUR bed box. E37D86A5-470A-470E-9CF9-CD9DFC4E06AD

hingedthinker

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Def have to compensate, The bed it self is pretty light. Long tongue, and I will have gear boxes and spare in front of the bed. Prob water tank down the road. I am looking at pivot ideas for the RTT as well. When in travel mode. Pivot points that allow the tent to move forward and lay almost flush with the top of the bed and move forward. Like a little awning over the gear boxes. If that makes any sense at all. I'm tired. I'm in Texas dealing with this Ice/Snow/shit show. Been giving rides to first responders and hospital staff for the last three days and pulling/recovery work.
they make heavy duty horizontal bb sliders that you could adapt. like the ones used in truck bed drawer boxes... Also, I saw a DIY trailer video of a guy that adapted a motorcycle lift to raise and lower his RTT.

OP
OP
lepcat

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR, Sky One Touch
Makes sense, easy to do. 4 legs with a pivot on each end. You most likely need a leverage arm to raise it since it will be heavy and a good way to secure it when down. Make sure you can open your tailgate with it attached.
See pic below, I have very little room to open my tire swing even though my electronic box is that far away.
My trailer I built a while ago. I will be revamping it for the JL slightly. If you want any help or advice on how to do things or just to talk over ideas don’t be afraid to ask. One thing I’m thinking of doing is dual parallel batteries for the trailer to greatly increase my drain time for camping. ARB fridge can drain a battery in 24hr.
For mine (JK setup) I had the same size spare battery with a quick charger so I could charge it thru the 7pin hook up, fridge in the trailer ran off the trailer battery. Shore charge and solar hook up for charging the trailer battery when camped or at home. I was going to do a QR raised bar to do an awning over the hatch opening but didn’t like the way it looked and never attached it to the trailer; it was going to ruin the looks. The frame work stored under the rack platform for transport.
Jeep Wrangler JL **Sold**. Say hello to my future overland trailer. 2020 JTUR bed box. 20201021_134815
Looks great. I have a hinge and tie down points in mind for the RTT. I will keep you thoughts in mind. I may reach out in the future and brainstorm with you.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
All Gladiators have 4 doors.

There is no Gladiator “Unlimited” any more than there’s a Wrangler “Coupe.”
Jeep Wrangler JL **Sold**. Say hello to my future overland trailer. 2020 JTUR bed box. 1613663226471

Last edited:
OP
OP
lepcat

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR, Sky One Touch
Update***. Unfortunately I am putting the Gladiator bed up for sale.

I updated the first post.

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Rubicon 392 * '20 Hemi JT * CJ5 * CJ7
Occupation
Realtor