Saw this on line today...

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Two weeks ago when I went to Uwharrie, I saw a newer Range go down one of the trails. Part of me wanted to follow to see how it did. We had already done that trail and there were some spots that I find highly unlikely this range could have made it through. Thing was bone stock running low profile street tires. Must be nice to be willing to trash an $80,00 vehicle.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yeah I use to own a RR a little older than that one, and the Peasant/CommonFolk Us & Them concept is built right into the vehicle. For instance it has a built in panic/riot feature (I think it was called Riot in the manual) that allows you to lock yourself inside and, when activated I don't think even the driver can let himself out with ease. Its not talked about or touted but it was there....

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Two weeks ago when I went to Uwharrie, I saw a newer Range go down one of the trails. Part of me wanted to follow to see how it did. We had already done that trail and there were some spots that I find highly unlikely this range could have made it through. Thing was bone stock running low profile street tires. Must be nice to be willing to trash an $80,00 vehicle.
It also has a hi water mode that allows you to raise it waay up at the press of a button. At that point you literally feel like your riding a horse (hence riot/crowd control). Most people don't run it in this mode but its there.

Sponsored

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
It also has a hi water mode that allows you to raise it waay up at the press of a button. At that point you literally feel like your riding a horse (hence riot/crowd control). Most people don't run it in this mode but its there.
Yeah I still don't think he would have had the clearance. We hit on breakover in quite a few spots in a 4door rubi. I think the wheelbase is even greater on those though I'm not sure. It would've been interesting to watch. I know they're very capable vehicles but I definitely wouldn't be taking one on those trails.

OP
OP
Ruby Clatterbox

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
I've heard they are a nightmare of electronic systems that pick the most inopportune time to fail.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to think it's a joke and to that I think it's funny. If he truly believes that well.....I won't comment.

Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
I got a good one for you.

When my wife and I were down in TN this past August for Jeep Invasion I pulled into a gas station and to a pump between an Escalade and a decked out Range Rover. The guys at both of those vehicles looked at my Jeep and asked me questions about it. It ended with me pulling away, with all four doors off and the freedom panels off. They both waved at me then continued to gaze my way until I was out in traffic away from the station. I ran into one of the guys a couple days later in the mountains up at Clingman’s Dome and he again looked over my Jeep and asked questions.

Love it. They can keep theirs. I will keep mine.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
And yet there are those that can't wait to trash a 75K vehicle........the 392.

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
And yet there are those that can't wait to trash a 75K vehicle........the 392.
Thats a fair point. I imagine it would be a lot cheaper to repair body damage on that over a RR though. I don't anticipate seeing many 392s out on the more challenging trails. Would be good out in the sand dunes and stuff to open the throttle