Sponsored

Saw this at dealership today.. you got to be kidding...

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Was out riding around in my 2dr. JL today and decided to drop by a local dealership (Kingston, NY) to look at any new arrivals.. Also they were handing out free soda, hamburgers and hotdogs.

So, I am there munching on a hamburger and I see a transport truck on the side of the building, off loading new JL's.

I went over to look at the new arrivals and I see this 4 dr. JLU and I had to take a double take!! You got to be friggin kidding!

How could this get through quality control, out of the factory, on a truck and no one ever said boo about...

I should mention that the Sales Manager was standing there and he was just shaking his head in disbelief. I won't repeat what he said..

How can they miss this and not be missing lets say, other things that are less conspicuous. The friggin guys at the factory and all along the way to the dealership must be blind as bats.

20180901_130523.jpg

20180901_130533b.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I thought I was seeing things..

By the way, at that Kingston, NY dealership they have both a newly arrived Red and a Mojito 4 dr. Rubi JLU's on the lot. Both fully loaded and unspoken for. Both were really nice looking. Altogether that dealership has about 22 JLU's and no 2 dr. JL's.

Across the river about 11 miles away, the Rhinebeck dealer has about 17-22 JLU's and one bright white, 2dr, hard top, Sport. All are unspoken for.

Sponsored

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Year ago I saw a brand new Chevy Blazer on a lot with GMC Jimmy badges on the doors. But that top has that beaten, for sure.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Wanderingwheelz A few months ago a forum member bought a new Rubi, JLU. Got it home and THEN realized it only had one Rubicon decal on the hood... only had one on one side. How that could get by... that also had me shaking my head in disbelief. Geeez, the buyer even missed it.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
@Wanderingwheelz A few months ago a forum member bought a new Rubi, JLU. Got it home and THEN realized it only had one Rubicon decal on the hood... only had one on one side. How that could get by... that also had me shaking my head in disbelief. Geeez, the buyer even missed it.
Those things happpen! I once saw a brand new $100,000 911 that was delivered without stone guard film in front of the rear wheels, but that’s more or less invisible.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
A few months ago I saw a Billet Silver JL and the freedom panels were painted silver but the rear part of the top was black. He got it from the dealer lot like that. But at least they matched the body color. Maybe they have a really short person doing the final checks...

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th Anniversary
Id buy that over those dealer modified versions with the grumper grill and obnoxious blower looking hoods for 60k.

TwoTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy, Flex
How can they miss this and not be missing lets say, other things that are less conspicuous. The friggin guys at the factory and all along the way to the dealership must be blind as bats.
They are- look at the weld threads

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Was out riding around in my 2dr. JL today and decided to drop by a local dealership (Kingston, NY) to look at any new arrivals.. Also they were handing out free soda, hamburgers and hotdogs.

So, I am there munching on a hamburger and I see a transport truck on the side of the building, off loading new JL's.

I went over to look at the new arrivals and I see this 4 dr. JLU and I had to take a double take!! You got to be friggin kidding!

How could this get through quality control, out of the factory, on a truck and no one ever said boo about...

I should mention that the Sales Manager was standing there and he was just shaking his head in disbelief. I won't repeat what he said..

20180901_130523.jpg

20180901_130533b.jpg

Well perhaps the lighting for the assembly line and quality control line was dimmed. This could have contributed to the wrong top being installed. Lol

B9EF8FA1-51EB-4F64-ABE5-4564F00DDB3B.jpeg

JCatherine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Okay this made me laugh out loud! That’s good... :facepalm:

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer
And somewhere, there's a Hella Yella Jeep with one black panel on it :)
I'm not kidding! Somewhere on this website, there was a post with a picture of a JL with just one black roof panel. But it was a Nacho one, if I remember it correctly. It was a thread about quality control. I can't find it.
Sponsored