Sponsored

Saw my first Bronco sport today. Not impressed.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I’m guessing that when Ford finally gets it’s shit together, the Bronco will have a ton of very happy owners.

I’ve only seen two in the flesh From the outside. Both were stock. They didn’t speak to me. They didnt look ‘rugged”…….they just looked like boxy soccer game crawlers. But a stock Jeep Sport or Sahara doesn’t speak to me either (no hate, just a personal opinion). I’m thinking that a tricked out bronco will look just fine to me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RioRideNM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tenere 700
Girlfriend was shopping for a new car about 6 months ago. Coming from a 16 Crosstrek, she wanted more power but otherwise, she really didn’t know what she wanted and so we saw a bronco sport, rav 4, trailblazer, 21 Crosstrek (2.5), and 4Runner.

I was really excited to see one myself and on paper the bronco sport seems to be alright. The moment I saw one, grabbed the creaking plastic door handles, saw how much the hood and body can flex, and felt the trunk grab handle to shut rear overhead door, we pretty much walked. Everything felt incredibly cheap to me. Rav, trailblazer and both 16 and 21 Crosstrek, an the runner felt better to me in fit, finish, and materials.

I was rather disappointed but I think full size bronco could still be nice🤷‍♂️

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I’d like to see a lifted Bronco Sport with the Sasquatch package. They already do it for their normal Bronco so why not the CUV?

I dare Ford to make it happen. No excuses. Make. It. Happen.

Ken Ztopolovky

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr stingray stick
Midday today I pulled into my local gas station and stopped behind a red (kinda merlot colored) red bronco sport. looked fairly plain and did not impress me at all. whats everyones own opimion after they have physically seen one?
for sure , there seems to be lots of objects that look great in the photoshop world and then when seen in reality just completely fail our expectations , original Bronco DNA is gone forever

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Someone in my neighborhood has a blue-gray bronco sport. Looks pretty cool, I'll admit. I'd probably go for that over the renegade or compass if I ever intended to buy in the crossover category ever again.

Sponsored

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Someone in my neighborhood has a blue-gray bronco sport. Looks pretty cool, I'll admit. I'd probably go for that over the renegade or compass if I ever intended to buy in the crossover category ever again.
I'm with you. Never owned a Ford and not shopping for a crossover. I own a JLUR. But when I first saw the sport and compared it to the Jeep competition for the segment, visually the sport looks much better IMO.

Baconator

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
The Bronco Sport is pretty cool for what it is. I'd rather see them than Rav4s, crvs, etc.

In my opinion, it's dumb from a naming standpoint. Maybe call it a gelding lol

The big bronco is pretty cool too, and it's forcing jeep to pump out cool shit, so can't see a downside. I'm sticking with my wrangler, but I don't get the non-friendly aspects of this rivalry going on.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
We ran into a real bronco on the trail the other day. Manufacturer plates and ford employee, but it was good to see one out in the dirt.

Looks badass in person. I think calling the crossover the Bronco Sport was a huge branding mistake, honestly. Especially when their main competition has a Wrangler Sport trim that's a full featured, well, Wrangler.

Jeep Wrangler JL Saw my first Bronco sport today. Not impressed. C113ADC1-5204-4FD5-A9AB-3F2F1F51580C_1_105_c

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
We ran into a real bronco on the trail the other day. Manufacturer plates and ford employee, but it was good to see one out in the dirt.

Looks badass in person. I think calling the crossover the Bronco Sport was a huge branding mistake, honestly. Especially when their main competition has a Wrangler Sport trim that's a full featured, well, Wrangler.
That looks cool. I'm hearing they look pretty big in person, bigger than equivalent jeeps. I haven't seen one yet, though.

xylodan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Ah, this thread clears up some misconceptions of mine. I saw a Bronco (Sport) parked in a lot and I was wondering how in the world that is considered to be a competitor of the Wrangler, but here I learn that it isn't actually a Bronco. At all.

That ridiculous naming choice actually angers me a little. I've been in those board room meetings as an engineer when some moron in marketing wants to name a product something deceptive in order to increase sales and I've always wanted to punch them right in the face and nuts. To me it's such an insult to humanity in general and people should be locked up for this and not allowed to be among respectful humans. :)

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Midday today I pulled into my local gas station, and stopped behind a red (kinda merlot colored) red Bronco Sport. Looked fairly plain and did not impress me at all.

What's everyone's own opinion after they have physically seen one?
We saw a Bronco Sport this morning; 'twas a light shade of blue.

As for my takeaway, I thought the vehicle looked like exactly what it is: an aesthetically uparmored Ford Escape.

GA392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Lots of confusion created by Ford with the Bronco and Bronco Sport. The Sport is built in Mexico and is essentially an Escape. I have driven one recently as a rental car. Not very impressed. Wife hated the look. Its amazing how Ford can use so much cheap looking plastic in the interior.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Is the Bronco interior really as bad as some of you are saying?

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Seen them around town and not for me, though it does look better than Compass or Cherokee.
It reminds me more of the Flex with the sharper angle at the back vs the curvatures on the crv and other small suv’s.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Is the Bronco interior really as bad as some of you are saying?
For the actual Bronco, the consensus on the interior seems to be that it's really not as bad as some are saying, but still a shade under the wrangler's interior. Which I find shocking because my interior is full of plasticky panels that don't line up and liners that keep popping out. But I only have a Sport, and I still love it lol
Sponsored