Sponsored

Saw my first Bronco sport today. Not impressed.

harryG

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 renegade, 2021 willys (on order)
Midday today I pulled into my local gas station and stopped behind a red (kinda merlot colored) red bronco sport. looked fairly plain and did not impress me at all. whats everyones own opimion after they have physically seen one?
Sponsored

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Midday today I pulled into my local gas station and stopped behind a red (kinda merlot colored) red bronco sport. looked fairly plain and did not impress me at all. whats everyones own opimion after they have physically seen one?
You mean Ford Escape.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Sat in one at a dealership. It didnā€™t scream out, ā€œletā€™s go do Moab.ā€ Rather, it screamed out, ā€œI hope they have that coffee I like at the farmerā€™s market.ā€
it screams ā€” I was told to buy a bronco but I didnā€™t know what that meant so jokes on me . Everyone laugh. Itā€™s ok though because I wonā€™t understand

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
The Sport is definitely better than the Escape. And, after all, the Sport is really just a modified Escape. As already mentioned, it's a competitor to the Compass, Chevy Equinox, RAV4, that sort of thing.

Sponsored

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
saw one yesterday... and gave me the bronco wave ... if u don't know ..this, a middle finger. The guy was very livid about showing it to me for what seemed as an eternity . I wasn't feeling childish enough to reflect on it. But it would seem he might have been jealous of my big solid axle.

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
My daughter was looking for a car recently and we test drove a couple of sports. Drove nice and seamed like a nice little vehicle. Dealer wanted $2k over the sticker price on the window. She passed on it.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
If I was waiting to see a new Wrangler and saw a Cherokee out in the streets, I wouldn't be impressed either.

I think the Bronco Sports look good for that category of vehicle, but it's not something I'm excited about.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think it is great for its segment and will be a gateway vehicle for the full Bronco. Might compete with a Subaru?

i think it will sell more units than the full Bronco in the long run.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
It is a great vehicle for its segment. One id take a serious look at if that was the segment I was shopping in. Thereā€™s just so many insecure Jeep people on this board who are overconfident in their ability to tell the difference between two very different vehicles šŸ˜‚

I think it is great for its segment and will be a gateway vehicle for the full Bronco. Might compete with a Subaru?

i think it will sell more units than the full Bronco in the long run.
Sponsored