Saw a bronco sport in the wild today

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I agree, but at the same time i see so many lifted, beefed up Wranglers on 37's or 40's with D60s and every armor plate you can throw at it and it has never seen any dirt. I know cause you look at the under side and it is as sparkling clean as the exterior. I guess people just like to throw money at a vehicle to make it look bad ass and never use it as it in intended.
I've seen a bunch of lifted jeeps that clearly never see dirt, but I can't think of 1 that has had Dana 60's. If you're doing it for the look and just to drive on the street the stock Rubicon axles would hold up to 42's easily. Who spends $15-20k on axles for appearance?
Sponsored

mvandergrift

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport
Based on what I saw....the Bronco sport I saw today leaves a lot to be desired. I was underwhelmed. I think the competition is good for Jeep but I was honestly let down looking at it. I looked like all the other Import SUV out there.
I don't mind how they look really.

When I moved, I needed a 4WD vehicle. I really wanted a Jeep. Part of me wanted something more "practical". After I test drove the Bronco Sport, I went out and bought a Jeep. Couldn't be happier. The Bronco Sport reminded me of every boring crossover rental I've driven the last ten years. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing compelling either.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
The Bronco has slowly been growing on me and with a Ford dealership just down the road, i will definitely be checking it out when the day finally arrives.

I would consider getting one but my wife doesn't really like the way the JLU drives so doesn't want to keep it for herself and the Bronco is going to cost too much to be a 2nd car. Don't see myself trading the JL in for a Bronco, either.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
I like it for the fact that it isn’t just another boring crossover, but I kinda wish someone would come out with a Suzuki Samurai or Geo Tracker type vehicle with a removable top. That would be awesome!
I agree with Jeepster345.....FORD, would love for Suzuki to bring back the Samuri...and the Geo Tracker......At least when viewed among those two......the Bronco appears a little more appealing.

Among Jeeps though.....it’s just another crossover SUV.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Swung thru the local Ford dealership this afternoon, spotted 7 Bronco Sports in the front lot, not sure how many total at the dealership. Looks like Ford is cranking them out.

Best,
-Tim

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Redesigned Escapes.
Sponsored