Saw a bronco sport in the wild today

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Your post is a little confusing, though, so apologies if I misread it. I think you're trying to make a witty joke, but I think your enthusiasm to detract overtook your writing skills.
My post was meant to confuse as it was laden with sarcasm, wit and irony. LOL

It doesn’t surprise me that the new Ford Bronco Sport (BS for short) is selling well. What you’ve stated about their sales is the same as what I’ve read. And it’s to be expected for dozens of reasons.

Months ago there were pages and several threads nauseatingly long where people were arguing Ford Bronco, BS were going to better than the Jeep Wrangler, Renegade. To me, it was useless emotional banter.

My opinion has always been that if the vehicle is good to and for the economy, by all means sell it and let the people buy it. I get the intent behind vehicle comparisons but what I feel like it boils down to is what’s right for the buyer.

Opinions are opinions: everyone’s got one. We can live in a world where it’s okay to have a difference of opinion or a shared one.

Fwiw, I saw the BS a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised. I’ve no need or want for such a vehicle but I’m glad it’s being sold and can appreciate it for what it is. New vehicle sales are good for the economy. If it supports our economy, it helps support so many people.

I’m not one to demand production cease. Let the people choose what vehicle is right for them.
Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I saw a sport today in Rieter foothills in Washington. I thought someone drove a land rover into the park at first. He had some pretty expensive looking camera equipment. If it got him to where he needed to go for some beautiful landscape shots, it seemed like a good fit for him.

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I think the Bronco/Bronco sport naming convention is a bit silly since they're 2 totally different vehicles but it does make some sense. Jeep is a brand but when you just call some thing a jeep, you picture the wrangler even though they also make a compass/renegade/etc. By putting the Bronco name with the sport moniker, you get just a bit of the "ruggedness" of the Bronco to differentiate it from other CUVs, even if it's not really going to play I'm the dirt and rocks.

I like the Bronco Sport for what it is, but I'm not comparing it to my JLUR. I'll be very interested in seeing a nicely packages full up Bronco when they finally get in the wild 😜, heck I'll invite them wheeling and see who winches who!!!

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Not too many Fords hold their value...specialty Mustangs, GT's, and a few others do...Wranglers, on the other hand do and always will...just something I considered

YerMaun

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUS, '15 JGC SRT, '11 R8 V10, '05 Mustang GT
I have seen a couple of Bronco Sports around, and thought they looked just awful (reminded me of a Renegade, or my dad's old Skoda Yeti). But naturally that's subjective, opinions will vary. The test for the Wrangler of course is the real Bronco coming later.

Sponsored

earthgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?
The Bronco looks to me like a Toyota FJ5 Cruiser and a Jeep Wrangler had a baby.

Macaw1

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubi on 1 tons and 40's
Well, it looks better than that Gladiator thing Jeep put out and it's out selling them by the Boat Load.

earthgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?
The Bronco looks to me like a Toyota FJ5 Cruiser and a Jeep Wrangler had a baby.
Well, it looks better than that Gladiator thing Jeep put out and it's out selling them by the Boat Load.
Did I say it looked bad? No. What I as saying is that Ford took from both platforms. It has the roundness of the FJ with the ability to remove the top, doors, etc like a Jeep. It has almost an identical tailgate to the Jeep. It even has easter eggs.

Macaw1

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubi on 1 tons and 40's
It wasn't directed at your commit, I was addressing the thread it's self.
I think the Bronco looks much better than the Jeep H2 HUT thing and the Bronco has in 3 months out sold last years total sales of the gladiator. Looking forward to seeing the full size Bronco.
Disappointed in the new Defender's looks, they really screwed the pooch on that one.

Did I say it looked bad? No. What I as saying is that Ford took from both platforms. It has the roundness of the FJ with the ability to remove the top, doors, etc like a Jeep. It has almost an identical tailgate to the Jeep. It even has easter eggs.

earthgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?
It wasn't directed at your commit, I was addressing the thread it's self.
I think the Bronco looks much better than the Jeep H2 HUT thing and the Bronco has in 3 months out sold last years total sales of the gladiator. Looking forward to seeing the full size Bronco.
Disappointed in the new Defender's looks, they really screwed the pooch on that one.
OK , Cool. And I am with you on the Defender. I am more partial to the old Defenders, 70's Toyota Land Cruisers, or the old Bronco's. But my heart belongs to the 2 door Jeep.

Sponsored

xjgary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Cherokee XJ
The Bronco Sport, built in Mexico, would probably be more competition for something like a Jeep Compass.
The full size Bronco will be built in Michigan and will be able to compete against the Wrangler in many off-road situations.

Having a competitor trying to take away Jeep sales should be good for the consumer. But cost probably won't be one area that will be a positive. Fords have been expensive for years and I don't see that changing in the future.

Might see some added off road capability to keep up with the Bronco such as larger tires but that capability won't come cheap. Should be fun regardless.

xjgary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Cherokee XJ
The competition will get interesting. The Bronco that competes with the Wrangler will offer at least one version with 35 inch tires, while Wrangler only offers 33" the last time I looked. And the Bronco GPS includes 4WD trails.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
The competition will get interesting. The Bronco that competes with the Wrangler will offer at least one version with 35 inch tires
It’s possible to put 35’s on anything. But will it look this good?

Jeep Wrangler JL Saw a bronco sport in the wild today EF0C4E3A-75CD-48A1-B912-A21616E16477

Jsmeltz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I don't like the look! Thinks it looks silly! JMO...Probably a good off-roader, but Jeep is still the King. Rather be seen in a Jeep!